iPad: Love movies, TV or music? Then grab SWYS: The Collection HD - now FREE to play!

11-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Love movies, TV or music? Then grab SWYS: The Collection HD - now FREE to play!

Now Free to play!

Say What You See: The Collection™ has already generated lots of interest over in the iPhone forum, and both versions are now free to download and play here: http://tinyurl.com/swysappHD

Available in the App Store now, Say What You See: The Collection HD™ requires you to find movie titles hidden beautiful paintings. It's a puzzle game that anyone can play, young and old, and it's great for really showing off what your iPad can do.

The iPad version features higher resolution canvases, early access to new pictures, and some great exclusive features.

Say What You See: The Collection HD™ features:

• 23 downloadable HD iCanvases available (80's Movies HD, 80's Music HD, Action Movies HD, Arcade Classics HD, Blockbusters HD, Books 2 Film HD, Chart Smashers HD, Creepy Candy HD, Fantasy Movies HD, Football HD, Grace's Toons HD, Musicals HD, Music Fest HD, Rock Bands HD, RomComs HD, Scary Movies HD, Sci-Fi Movies HD, Sitcoms HD, Superheroes HD, Toys ‘n Games HD, TV Drama HD, Video Games HD, Xmas Songs HD)

• iPad iCanvases are twice the resolution of iPhone/iPod iCanvases - you can actually see the texture of the boards these paintings were produced on!
• A new free-to-play 10 puzzle iCanvas every month.
• 40 additional new puzzles available for every iCanvas via in app purchase
• A new iPad exclusive Artist’s Audio Commentary with every iCanvas
• A free-to-play bonus puzzles section, updated every month.
• Full Game Center compatibility, offering leaderboards, profile switching and unique achievements.

And some screenshots:

Trailer for the iPhone version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Say What You See: The Collection HD is FREE TO DOWNLOAD, and new iCanvases cost $0.99 or 69p.

Last edited by Big Ideas; 12-19-2012 at 12:54 PM.
01-04-2012, 06:04 PM
We've just launched the new Rock Bands DLC!

It's an awesome canvas, created in collaboration with Roadrunner Records.

To celebrate here's a snapshot of the new canvas that you can download in the app now:

What's more, if you can name all 10 bands we've numbered in this picture (the full picture features 50!) below, we'll enter you in a draw to win a $20 iTunes voucher!

Good luck, and check out the full (and FREE!) app here: www.tinyurl.com/swysapp2
01-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I've already played quite a bit of SWYS on iPad, so the idea of getting an HD version is a nice one!

01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullwinkleJ View Post
I've already played quite a bit of SWYS on iPad, so the idea of getting an HD version is a nice one!
The HD version is 3x the resolution, so the canvases look AMAZING - you can even see the grain of the canvas boards they were painted on in some cases!
06-07-2012, 10:41 AM
New canvas out today: Fantasy Movies!

This stunning bit of art is painted by Ryan Firchau, an ex-Rare (Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Kinectimals) concept artist, and you can certainly see the classic Rare look in full force here. Here's a quick Touch Arcade-exclusive interview with Ryan for you:

SWYS: Hi Ryan! Ok, so first question - how did you find painting your first Say What You See canvas?

Ryan: The wide range of clues incorporated some subject matter I haven't tackled before so that was refreshing and fun. As a Concept Artist you tend to draw a lot of the same subject matter, so it makes a pleasant change to come out of your comfort zone. I think I probably under estimated the amount of work required to make the canvas look good.The biggest challenge came from a compositional aspect due predominantly to the large number of clues that needed to be incorporated and positioning them within the scene. But it was a great experience!

SWYS: Which puzzle on the canvas was your favourite to paint?

Ryan: Well, I spent the most time on the troll and dragon as they're really the focal point of the whole canvas. But the puzzle I enjoyed painting the most was definitely the one featuring Charlie Sheen - I hardly ever do caricatures so it was a real challenge, but I think I ended up, uh, 'Winning'!

SWYS: Finally, what are your favourite Fantasy Movies (That may or may not feature in the canvas!

Ryan: My all time favorite fantasy film has to be Labyrinth. I've watched that film more times then I can remember. Of course, I also love the Lord of the Rings trilogy - how could you not?
06-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Yep, I'd totally be interested in a code!
06-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Oh, sorry the app's totally free to download now, you don't need one!

Here's the download link.
12-18-2012, 04:55 PM

We're currently running a competition on our website to win an iPad mini here which we'd love you to enter:

www.swysapp.com/comp

If you post in this thread and tell us what you'd like for Christmas, we'll give you a bonus entry to the competition too!

You can also get bonus entries by sharing on Facebook or Twitter!
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Sure send me a promo code please!
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Sure send me a promo code please!
Hi Connector!

The app's free to download, so no code needed. Why not give it a go, and enter our iPad contest?