Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2012, 05:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
See...this is what I'm f'n talking about. Hell yeah!!! See if you can get the devs to come on over to TA!
"and then, with a giant roar, the world shook, all hell broke loose and now.. I am here!"
Old 01-10-2012, 05:12 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrthos View Post
"and then, with a giant roar, the world shook, all hell broke loose and now.. I am here!"
Sweetness! I'm unpatiently waiting to see if I will get in the beta. When do you think we'll know if we got in or not?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Well, the whole buzz around our game is kind of.. surprising We already have like 400 people subscribed already, which is just unbelieveable as noone actually knew about Nyrthos like 4 days ago. You guys rule!

We wanted to have "some people" in the beta, so we decided to make a simple form on our site already, just in case there is someone interested, and now we are pretty shocked by what is happening.

Well whatever, that was not the question I guess We would like to spread the beta as wide as we possibly can. It is scheduled for Q1 of 2012, we will let you know if you were chosen right when it goes live.

Last edited by Nyrthos; 01-10-2012 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: Nasty spelling stuff!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Not a fan of RPGs, but that looks beautiful!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

This looks fantastic! Oh boy will I be keeping an eye on this thread, yes yes!
Dear Dev, if you had to describe this game using only other games, what would it be?

(e.g. Diablo/Zelda/Dungeon Hunter)

Just want to see what this is like or what it's similar to ^^
Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Hahaa...I love it and welcome!

I read though everything on the site and this seems to be a mash up of three types of games: Diablo, Dragon Age origins, and Fable. I spread it pretty far due to not actually having played the game yet. But if this is the case... and YAY!

Everything on the site looks fantastic and this is my pre-release obsession for iOS...sorry to all other devs! It just so happens that my pre-release obsession for PC is Diablo 3. D3 would be my console obsession, but it'll be releasing on the current consoles instead of next gens. However, I did like DA on console more than PC.

Anyways, sorry for the off topic.

I really hope I get in the beta. You'll recognize my application because it's the really long one, or it at least felt really long in the box.

I'm thinking that this might be the game that finally knocks King of Dragon Pass out of my #1 spot for iOS games.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default A Word from Nyrthos

Well, if one thinks about hack n slash, he thinks about the Diablo series, and on the PC, we would like that to be pretty similar. We also loved some gameplay elements that Gothic / Risen had and which we want to incorporate.

Still, please note that we are talking in terms of flash, internet browser and mobile devices. Is is sometimes pretty hard and sometimes impossible to do some stuff. But were working really hard to make a game that we ourselves would love.

The challenge definitely comes with the mobile version, as the controls are completely different than the "mouse and keyboard combo", and for the most part, the controls of mobile RPGs just.. well.. suck.

That will be one of the things that we want to concentrate on in the beta; we came up with a few ideas and we are really interested in the feedback.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Well, if one thinks about hack n slash, he thinks about the Diablo series, and on the PC, we would like that to be pretty similar. We also loved some gameplay elements that Gothic / Risen had and which we want to incorporate.

Still, please note that we are talking in terms of flash, internet browser and mobile devices. Is is sometimes pretty hard and sometimes impossible to do some stuff. But were working really hard to make a game that we ourselves would love.

The challenge definitely comes with the mobile version, as the controls are completely different than the "mouse and keyboard combo", and for the most part, the controls of mobile RPGs just.. well.. suck.

That will be one of the things that we want to concentrate on in the beta; we came up with a few ideas and we are really interested in the feedback.
Technically all RPGs have hack n' slash in them. What separates RPG from the so called aRPG is character development. In Diablo it's pretty much linear and the quests can make the typical RPG player feel like an errand boy. For D3, they said that there will be more involvement in the game.

The problems with aRPGs on iOS is that they don't even have a story, crappy leveling, and then are riddled with real world problems. They truly are hack n slash. I can actually find some depth in Diablo plus it's a good/fun game to play in general. On iOS, a lot of them just aren't really fun and exciting.

Anyways, the way your game sounds on the site, is that you actually play a significant role in your characters development and what they do. This is more RPG than aRPG.

For controls, I like Zenonia 4 and The Bard's Tale.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Hi,

You mentioned Gothic, and considering that the original Gothic is one of my favorite games of all time, I'm curious as to what elements you are trying to incorporate from that series.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Technically all RPGs have hack n' slash in them. What separates RPG from the so called aRPG is character development. In Diablo it's pretty much linear and the quests can make the typical RPG player feel like an errand boy. For D3, they said that there will be more involvement in the game.

The problems with aRPGs on iOS is that they don't even have a story, crappy leveling, and then are riddled with real world problems. They truly are hack n slash. I can actually find some depth in Diablo plus it's a good/fun game to play in general. On iOS, a lot of them just aren't really fun and exciting.

Anyways, the way your game sounds on the site, is that you actually play a significant role in your characters development and what they do. This is more RPG than aRPG.

For controls, I like Zenonia 4 and The Bard's Tale.
Agreed about the Bard's Tale controls (in many ways the game is everything an action RPG should be, particularly on a handheld platform). Rather than Zenonia 4, though, I would look at Crimson Heart and Mage Gauntlet (another excellent action RPG), both of which allow for precise diagonal movement.