Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Happened last night to me as well, hmm...

2. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

I also got the free 3 Tower Bux message. I also got 3 potions in Pocket Frogs with a similar message, on the same night. It must be something they activate from time to time.

3. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Not I. I'm looking forward to "finishing" things. I won't mind if they trickle out some genuinely cool new floors here and there, but unless there's some sort of genuine change up they feel they can add to the game without destroying the elegant simplicity of the core lightweight builder, I don't see the point in pouring too much "content" into the game: The more floors, the more jobs, the harder it gets for all players, but especially newer players, to find dream jobbers and get those stocking bonuses that make running the tower less tedious. Those who have finished, or are even able to see the finish, are such a tiny minority of those who have downloaded and played this game that it's not an audience niche worth pandering to at the cost of the playability of the game for the rest of the world. There are over 3.1 million players just on Game Center who have downloaded Tiny Tower, yet after 7 months of it being out, there's only about 100 thousand who have even cracked 100 floors, and only about 36,000 who have actually exhausted the current floors.

4. Found it last night aswell

5. sdo62

sdo62 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    #2865 sdo62, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    Convert coins to TB?

I'm one of those 36,000 and am finding I'm accumulating a huge amount of coins which are pretty much useless (I have around 172 million - and if they release 8 more floors it will only cost 30 million to construct them all). I've also accumulated a lot of Tower Bux, but can keep using them to upgrade floors - I have 30 floors with 4 hour stocking time for level 1 products, and it will take a LOT more TB (around 7000) to upgrade all my floors to that level.

What would be really useful is if there was a way to convert coins to TB, similar to how the Bank allows TB to be converted to coins.

Just noticed from this request on Nimblebit's getsatisfaction forum - http://getsatisfaction.com/nimblebit/topics/exchange_coins_for_bux - that they don't want to do this, so have suggested an upgraded Bank as an inapp purchase which would allow converting coins to bux.

6. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    I'm up to 72 million coins. Never thought I'd have that much. I really hope they update this again. I wouldn't mind a prison, a dance studio, and a zoo.

7. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    And? Is it so disturbing that a freemium builder has an "end"? I don't care what the freemium builder ever was, if you look at the forums there are always a vocal presence of max leveled players whining how they rushed all the way to the end of the Lego pieces in the box and now they have nothing to do. Well, no crap. That's what the end of the game means. You built everything, so delete it or not and go on your way. The only games that don't have as big of a problem with this are the ones where the devs keep monetizing the end game (i.e. FarmVille), and then you just get forums filled with people whining how slow levelling/building is after X point unless you pour money into the game.

These games are gerbil wheels, they go no where. Enjoy the run and get off when you get tired; there is no pot of gold for you at the end ;)

8. Dr. Bohn

Dr. Bohn Member

Dec 27, 2011
    #2868 Dr. Bohn, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
    Thanks russiaone and sdo62, I've been wondering what would happen when I built the maximum number of floors. Maybe Nimblebit will go FarmVille and have us pay real bucks for extra floors?

9. Ohden

Ohden Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    I've also been thinking of new floors I'd like to see in the future:

• Sporting goods store
    • Pet Shop
    • Pawn Shop
    • Farmer's Market
    • Antique Store
    • Aquatic Center (swimming)
    • Psychologist

10. Dr. Bohn

Dr. Bohn Member

Dec 27, 2011
    The cushions came with some of the apartments. I don't even know how the tower bucks fit under the cushions - they're much larger. :)

11. buckeye79

buckeye79 Member

Apr 8, 2010
    #2871 buckeye79, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    I, too, have gotten to the end. I have all of my floors built. I have ONE lone holdout to have 100% dream jobs. (For some reason I just can't find a third person to work on the laboratory...have probably used 60 bux looking for one.)

I suppose I'll keep playing for a little bit, accumulating coins in the hope that there are new floors added. If not, I'll be done with this weird, obsessive game that has been bugging me for six months.

12. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    I was in the same position, the last DJ'er I needed was for the lab, and I made it worse for myself by going for all 9's so when I eventualy found someone for the lab and he was a 6 it wasn't good enough. I think I spent about 1500 bux to get that last 9 DJ. I think I need therapy.

13. Ohden

Ohden Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Same here. I'm at 141 floors, 230/260 DJ's (88%), and all are 9's. It's not uncommon for me to blow through 50 tbux when I build a new residential floor, evicting until I can fill a DJ9.

I'm working on a bitizen database using my awesomenote app, so I can take advantage of those searches and get more tbux.

14. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    #2874 gsxrboy, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    Marion Ramos, who lives in my 50's Apartments floor, is allegedly employed by Cyborg, the cyber cafe. She is NEVER NEVER there !

She is always at home, either she is super tech and VPN's into work to do stuff, or she has compromising photos over the businesses owner and is blackmailing him so she can slack at home. It could also be just an undercover ruse and she is a secret agent and uses the cover of the job to divert attention.

Conspiracy theories !

15. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    I've read thru this whole thread and haven't seen anybody else with this comment, so let me post it. I've upgraded my elevator twice, and I just broke 25 floor. I'm losing interest in my tower, because lately it seems like bitizens are shoeing up way too slowly. My elevator might be 12 ppm, but only 5ppm show up at the door asking for a lift, and I'm BORED waiting for them to show up. I haven't actually measured that, it's just what it feels like. I deliver a bitizens to his floor, and then it takes a full minute or two for the next one to show up. Anybody else notice this?

16. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Bitizens needing a lift is only part of the game, they are not meant to be ready at the lobby right when you are done giving a lift to the last person.

17. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Sure, but then it's silly to rate the elevator upgrades with a metric that is completely untrue. But that's just my analysis of why I'm getting bored with the game. I'm spending too much time waiting.

18. jdigitL

jdigitL Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    is there any word from nimblebit about an update any time soon? sbin a while

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
  20. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin