Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Agreed about the Bard's Tale controls (in many ways the game is everything an action RPG should be, particularly on a handheld platform). Rather than Zenonia 4, though, I would look at Crimson Heart and Mage Gauntlet (another excellent action RPG), both of which allow for precise diagonal movement.
I forgot all about Mage gauntlet. I wouldn't mind Mage Gauntlet-like controls since this is a 2D game. I would like a interface like TBT's though!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Well, I just wanted to point Diablo out as the game where you basically mindlessly hack and slash and its still fun. Based on the "measurement" you talk about, Nyrthos will be more of an aRPG game than an RPG game as we want to stress out the combat. But the "dividing line" is thin.

All I can say is that because we want to continuously develop the game, we understand taht we have to give players all sorts of opportunities to develop their characters. Some of them will be there at the beginning, but we hope to add more and more of them during the development based on what people like to do. Still, the "core" factor of progress in the game will be the hack and slash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Technically all RPGs have hack n' slash in them. What separates RPG from the so called aRPG is character development. In Diablo it's pretty much linear and the quests can make the typical RPG player feel like an errand boy. For D3, they said that there will be more involvement in the game.

The problems with aRPGs on iOS is that they don't even have a story, crappy leveling, and then are riddled with real world problems. They truly are hack n slash. I can actually find some depth in Diablo plus it's a good/fun game to play in general. On iOS, a lot of them just aren't really fun and exciting.

Anyways, the way your game sounds on the site, is that you actually play a significant role in your characters development and what they do. This is more RPG than aRPG.

For controls, I like Zenonia 4 and The Bard's Tale.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I have yet to indulge in a good ios rpg in such manner as I did on a pc. Yours look to be that one.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:21 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is there an expected announcement timeframe for beta participant notification? Either way looking forward to this one.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrthos View Post
Well, I just wanted to point Diablo out as the game where you basically mindlessly hack and slash and its still fun. Based on the "measurement" you talk about, Nyrthos will be more of an aRPG game than an RPG game as we want to stress out the combat. But the "dividing line" is thin.

All I can say is that because we want to continuously develop the game, we understand taht we have to give players all sorts of opportunities to develop their characters. Some of them will be there at the beginning, but we hope to add more and more of them during the development based on what people like to do. Still, the "core" factor of progress in the game will be the hack and slash.
Personally, I'm good with a good combat system and story.

I guess it was just a few things that stood out and made me think more RPG than aRPG, like the world unravels based on the player's actions.

It seems like role playing more than errand boy.

This is from the site:
Quote:
The main point here is that Nyrthos is not “just a game” where you slash some guys to death, we like to think of it more like “the world” that you can live in; a secret, long forgotten place you can explore. A place that has its own history that is set in stone, but the future will be up to the playerbase to decide.
Quote:
There are multiple ways this will happens, and we do not want to share evenrything just yet. But for example, there might be a broken bridge across a river; the cave complex right behind it is thus inaccessible. The bridge can be built, but only after a certain amount of wooden planks is gathered. It is a pretty big task, so players have to cooperate to make it happen and it will probably take some time. And after the operation is successful, the area will be opened for everybody. Still, this is just a basic example.
There will be many locations that players can influence together, be it the physical world, political events or story development; and on much smaller and much larger scale.
I understand that combat is a big part of the game, but the "role playing" part seems to stand out heavily. these descriptions don't sound like a linear game at all.

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 01-19-2012 at 05:33 AM..
Old 01-20-2012, 07:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default More info - interview on RPS

Hi Guys!
I wanted to stop by and let you know that an interview with our team was published on RockPaperShotgun.

You can find it here [url]http://goo.gl/MMdRl[/url]

It migh clear some things up a bit

Martin
Old 01-20-2012, 07:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Is there an expected announcement timeframe for beta participant notification? Either way looking forward to this one.
We will let you know as soon as we're ready. And we can't wait!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Hi Guys!
I wanted to stop by and let you know that an interview with our team was published on RockPaperShotgun.

You can find it here http://goo.gl/MMdRl

It migh clear some things up a bit

Martin
I'm still confused! Maybe it's one of things where I'll just have to play the game.

Quote:
We will let you know as soon as we're ready. And we can't wait!
Awesome!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Here is one sample of the music, sounds great for me

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Whiteplayer3d; 02-01-2013 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Because I'm Batman
Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

This thread is over a year old; whatever is going on with Nyrthos?