Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

View Poll Results: Is Canabalt worth $2.99?
Yes 212 35.04%
No 293 48.43%
Not my type of game 100 16.53%
Voters: 605. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2012, 04:02 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Because lots of people are cheapskates with bloody expensive devices.
Any proof with this statement ?

I've got over 500 apps, i buy a lot instantly as i want the dev to get more money. Suddenly i dont agree with one high priced game and i'm a cheapskate? Wouldnt say my ipod was a 'bloody expensive device' either.

Yes i dont have 'proof' but if the game is half the price i personally (and not saying this is gospel) think that it'll sell much more. Plus its basic math isnt it ? Lower price for a big name game will mean more sales.

If a few years ago games on the app store were all $7-$10 and the 'cheapest' were $5 then fair enough. But the market has been created that so many people expect a quality game for a buck or two (or wait for it to be free).

If you are a huge fan of Soul Calibur then you probably wont care about the price, for others who are undecided the high price will put them off. We're not being cheapskates, just being practical. If everyone buys this then every other Taito game will be this price, other rival companies will see this and before you know it every game will be $12.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Any proof with this statement ?

Yes. The existance of this thread.
Enough proof. Hundreds of heart-warming posts about how much people appreciate the dev's works over months/years. And yes, proper payment counts as a sign of appreciation.

For everything else, see my edited post. Isn't like I am not agreeing with you. And I don't remember calling everyone a cheapskate.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-19-2012 at 04:52 AM..
Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Well, here's what I said in the SC thread. It's somewhat vague because I don't want to tire myself out from trying to explain everything, and I've already mentioned quite a few of my issues/concerns on this forum already.

Well, I have my own personal qualms/gripes about virtual content and pricing. I'm not going to really go into that though because it's a bit of a different argument.

I, also, don't want to pay the same price or more than an XBLA game when it comes to a port. Plus, from my understanding it doesn't include Quest mode either.

Personally, I hope that Namco makes a new/original fighting game for iOS if this becomes successful. However, I doubt it will reach that mark. I typically don't get nostalgic for games I've already played but for genres, but I have bought ports for games I haven't played.

The AppStore (Apple as a gaming platform) is f'd up sideways and it's not as superficial as prices are messed up, even though I think they could be raised.

Edit
Also, I wanted to say that I'm a big fan of this thread!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Well, here's what I said in the SC thread. It's somewhat vague because I don't want to tire myself out from trying to explain everything, and I've already mentioned quite a few of my issues/concerns on this forum already.

Well, I have my own personal qualms/gripes about virtual content and pricing. I'm not going to really go into that though because it's a bit of a different argument.

I, also, don't want to pay the same price or more than an XBLA game when it comes to a port. Plus, from my understanding it doesn't include Quest mode either.

Personally, I hope that Namco makes a new/original fighting game for iOS if this becomes successful. However, I doubt it will reach that mark. I typically don't get nostalgic for games I've already played but for genres, but I have bought ports for games I haven't played.

The AppStore (Apple as a gaming platform) is f'd up sideways and it's not as superficial as prices are messed up, even though I think they could be raised.

Edit
Also, I wanted to say that I'm a big fan of this thread!
Soul Calibur is a case where I would be willing to pay $15 for a complete version of the game but not without mutliplayer or iPad 1 support. I'm still planning to buy it at some point it's just no longer a priority title. I could easily spend $150 or more on $2 to $15 iOS, XBLA and PSN games I'm planning to play someday but can't afford right now.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
Soul Calibur is a case where I would be willing to pay $15 for a complete version of the game but not without mutliplayer or iPad 1 support. I'm still planning to buy it at some point it's just no longer a priority title. I could easily spend $150 or more on $2 to $15 iOS, XBLA and PSN games I'm planning to play someday but can't afford right now.
Well, first off, I'm biased due to having played the game already and with a controller. I'll never buy a Square Enix game for iOS unles it's made specifically for iOS; enter Chaos Rings.

Secondly, I would never pay more for an iOS game (more so talking about ports) when compared to PSN or XBLA. This doesn't make sense to me.

Lastly, my personal issues with virtual media don't necessarily revolve around the pricing for SC. I'm not trying to start some war on this thread, but I do have concerns about certain things.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Btw, Soul Calibur is now in the top 50 in the US, beating out Apple's GOTW (Smash Cops, $2.99) by over 30 spots. Would you look at that. It's currently the best-selling new release this week.

Last edited by backtothis; 01-19-2012 at 05:03 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Btw, Soul Calibur is now in the top 50 in the US, beating out Apple's GOTW (Smash Cops, $2.99) by over 30 spots. Would you look at that. It's currently the best-selling new release this week.
Personally, I find it to be funny and disheartening all at the same time.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudgenudge View Post
Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
Lolol sigged that one haha
Old 01-19-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastlyNinja View Post
Lolol sigged that one haha
Sigh...

Haha.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Only $25 ? What a bargain !