App description: Grow your engine into a mighty battle train as you defend against waves of enemy onslaughts. Various missions will tax your strategic thinking. Over a dozen turrets to choose from.

***** Exciting new twist on the Tower Defense Genre
***** Instantly accessible but packed with strategy
***** You've never played anything like it!

Features
- smooth 60fps 3d gameplay
- double-tap zoom in/out for iPhone/iPod accessibility
- detachable carriages can be left strategically on the battlefield
- 10 different turret types with unique strategic uses
- carriage and tower upgrades
- ferry passengers for points and to increase item drops
- power up allows you to smash through enemies
- gamecenter achievements and leaderboard
- survival mode gameplay gets progressively more frenetic
- 3 different game modes - Arcade, Strategic and Just4Kids
- toot your horn for a speed boost

MaDPuPPeT's comments:
Train Defense has just been released to the AppStore.
It's a survival tower defense genre twist.

**EDIT** this gameplay video uses old artwork. I'll try and get a new video up and running in the next few days

Youtube link | Pop Up

01-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Looks interesting...

01-26-2012, 04:28 AM
Just downloading now. Looks interesting.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
01-27-2012, 01:16 AM
Update V1.1

I've uploaded update 1.1 of Train Defense to the appstore.

This now includes:

Flamethrower turrets - you can set enemies on fire. They will slowly burn to death. Freeze ray will douse the fire so you need to strategically manage your freeze turrets to keep them away from the flamer turrets.

Air Artillery Enemy - a new enemy appears at wave 6 - this air unit can fire artillery from out of range of freeze turrets, making it fairly deadly if you have used a wall-of-freeze defensive strategy. A few of these combined can take down a static tower very quickly.

- some fixes - a couple of achievements weren't registering reliably.

Last edited by MaDPuPPeT; 01-27-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: rephrase text
01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Hi,
nice to see, that the developer gives it a five star rating ... I think, that it is not very fair to rate the own app ... so from me just one star ...

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
01-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Hi,
nice to see, that the developer gives it a five star rating ... I think, that it is not very fair to rate the own app ... so from me just one star ...
doh
I don't think there's any way to take it back.

Last edited by MaDPuPPeT; 01-28-2012 at 12:29 AM.
01-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Game Impressions

Wow!

This game is a twist and a half defying all of the standard TD and train game conventions.

I mean you control a train but there aren't really any tracks other than the ones you draw but even those disappear the second you ride down them (so they're really nothing more than very cool looking Flight Control like directing lines). Also the baddies are coming down any sort of set pathways but can spill in at any point from the top or bottom of the screen.

So what would seem, just by the name to be one of the most rigid "TD on Rails" like game is, in fact, one of the most completely free flowing ones.

Your primary missions are to both stay alive and defend the water tower at all costs from the nasty water thieving aliens! Lucky for you many of these aliens are carrying train cars and weapon mounts along with them which, once defeated, you are free to add onto your own train to make it even more of a Train of Raining Death! Heck, some aliens are even carrying along some stationary towers you can strategically place to bolster your defenses in areas your train might not be able to adequately cover.

If fighting off the endless swarms of aliens weren't enough to keep you busy, you're free to snag some extra points ferrying passengers from one side of screen to the other. A simple enough task normally, but made kind of tough when you need to be on call to instantly snag up dropped power-ups or keep the water tower clear of danger.

Finally, one additional interesting twist involves the water in the water tower itself. While this is the stuff you need to defend with your life and the game will end if it is all gone, it is also the key to repairing your own damaged train cars. So you have to decide how much water you are willing to use to keep your train nice and shiny at the expense of bringing the game that much closer to the end.

5/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Hi,
Why exactly is that not fair? I think a developer likes his own creation and gives it an honest (albeit not very impartial) rating. However, you giving it a 1star rating because of some strange non-app related reason is not an honest rating.
01-28-2012, 03:14 PM
I've only played a few levels, but so far it's been quite good, an interesting tower defence variation.
I'd like to see a list of the turrets and what they do, I can't tell what one of them does!
I'm not a fan of the rapidly flashing text, I would have thought that's something that would have been picked up on during the app review process.
01-28-2012, 03:27 PM
How are the graphics? From the video they look a bit weak, worried how it would look on iPad.

Gamecenter ID - Wildcut