★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

On Developers Submitting Games to TouchArcade

11-18-2010, 10:14 AM
#31
Email delivery failure

Hey,

We just tried to send an e-mail to tips@toucharcade.com but got an error message

Quote:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

tips@toucharcade.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Message rejected. Please visit http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/...&answer=168383 to review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines.

----- Original message -----
[...]
Seems like a spamming issue, but it used to work so it may not only be a problem on my side.

The help from the Google link does not seem very relevant as I am not a Google Apps user (are you?) but from the bounce error message details I can read there may be something wrong with the SPF record of my domain name:

Quote:
Received-SPF: softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning xxxx@nemoid.net does not designate 174.37.161.41 as permitted sender) client-ip=174.37.161.41;
I'll try to make some adjustments on my DNS and try again but please let me know if you have any info on this problem and if you finally get our e-mail.

Thanks.


UPDATE
What I did is to add spamh.com as a ptr mechanism in my SPF record. Although I'm not sure I have to do such a thing it did the trick:

Quote:
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of xxxx@nemoid.net designates 38.105.35.83 as permitted sender) client-ip=38.105.35.83;
BUT that did not help having our mail delivered. We still got the same error message. I don't know where to search now...

Last edited by NemoidStudio; 11-18-2010 at 12:55 PM.
11-22-2010, 08:20 AM
#32
All right we'll send an email

04-06-2011, 07:37 AM
#33
Hello all,

I am new to toucharcade but I must say that I am enjoying the community. Hope to learn new things here.
12-13-2011, 10:00 PM
#34
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Outer Space
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchris View Post
Hello all,

I am new to toucharcade but I must say that I am enjoying the community. Hope to learn new things here.
welcome
01-27-2012, 03:49 AM
#35
Thanks for the criteria, really interesting to read. I hadn't considered that price was considered but it makes sense. So many apps out there don't know how you guys keep up at all. Love to know how many submissions you guys get a day, is is dozens or hundreds?
09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
#36
The format of Apps appearing in the threads??

I appologise if this is not the right place to pose this question, but I am new to touch arcade and to the forum particularly.

I was trying to add a thread/ post to the Games for ipad and the Games for Iphone/ Ipod Touch forum discussions so that I could add my recent game Bad Dog.
I noticed that the presentation of the app in the thread, with the icon, the screen prints, description and voting functions along with youtube embedded movies all follow what appear to be the same template.

However, upon trying to create my own submission, the form I was presented with did not appear to be formatted in the same way that might achieve that templated output..

Am I missing something?

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Neil

Neil Stevens
Robofruit Games
www.robofruit.co.uk
09-04-2012, 01:36 PM
#37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofruit Games View Post
I appologise if this is not the right place to pose this question, but I am new to touch arcade and to the forum particularly.

I was trying to add a thread/ post to the Games for ipad and the Games for Iphone/ Ipod Touch forum discussions so that I could add my recent game Bad Dog.
I noticed that the presentation of the app in the thread, with the icon, the screen prints, description and voting functions along with youtube embedded movies all follow what appear to be the same template.

However, upon trying to create my own submission, the form I was presented with did not appear to be formatted in the same way that might achieve that templated output..

Am I missing something?

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Neil
[appinfo=all]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bad-dog/id549021313[/appinfo*]

If you remove the * you will get this...


09-06-2012, 12:51 PM
#38
Thanks Sanuku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
[appinfo=all]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bad-dog/id549021313[/appinfo*]

If you remove the * you will get this...

thank you very much Sanuku, I really do appreciate the help.

Kindest regards

Neil

Neil Stevens
Robofruit Games
www.robofruit.co.uk
07-28-2014, 06:55 AM
#39
Dear TouchArcade Team,

we released a new game called 21 Dice and we sent you an email with all the needed details. Would appreciate a review.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.GB.TODice

Best
BitStern

Last edited by BitStern; 07-28-2014 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Link doesn't work...
11-08-2014, 10:41 AM
#40
how to have a game in the list on Wednesdays?

Hello,

I'm a developer and my game is nearly ready for release. I would love to have it listed among the weekly games that you put out on Wednesdays, for games that release on Thursdays. How would I do that? It cannot be the same procedure as sending the app for review at the tips email, since the apps have yet to be released, so I'm curious about what I need to do.

Thanks!
Bob Sabiston