Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-26-2012, 01:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Train Defense RELEASED

Train Defense has just been released to the AppStore.
It's a survival tower defense genre twist.

**EDIT** this gameplay video uses old artwork. I'll try and get a new video up and running in the next few days

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by MaDPuPPeT; 02-26-2012 at 05:04 AM.. Reason: game update
Old 01-26-2012, 01:16 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Looks interesting...
Old 01-26-2012, 04:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Just downloading now. Looks interesting.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:16 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Update V1.1

I've uploaded update 1.1 of Train Defense to the appstore.

This now includes:

Flamethrower turrets - you can set enemies on fire. They will slowly burn to death. Freeze ray will douse the fire so you need to strategically manage your freeze turrets to keep them away from the flamer turrets.

Air Artillery Enemy - a new enemy appears at wave 6 - this air unit can fire artillery from out of range of freeze turrets, making it fairly deadly if you have used a wall-of-freeze defensive strategy. A few of these combined can take down a static tower very quickly.

- some fixes - a couple of achievements weren't registering reliably.

Last edited by MaDPuPPeT; 01-27-2012 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: rephrase text
Old 01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

Hi,
nice to see, that the developer gives it a five star rating ... I think, that it is not very fair to rate the own app ... so from me just one star ...
Old 01-28-2012, 12:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Hi,
nice to see, that the developer gives it a five star rating ... I think, that it is not very fair to rate the own app ... so from me just one star ...
doh
I don't think there's any way to take it back.

Last edited by MaDPuPPeT; 01-28-2012 at 12:29 AM..
Old 01-28-2012, 01:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Wow!

This game is a twist and a half defying all of the standard TD and train game conventions.

I mean you control a train but there aren't really any tracks other than the ones you draw but even those disappear the second you ride down them (so they're really nothing more than very cool looking Flight Control like directing lines). Also the baddies are coming down any sort of set pathways but can spill in at any point from the top or bottom of the screen.

So what would seem, just by the name to be one of the most rigid "TD on Rails" like game is, in fact, one of the most completely free flowing ones.

Your primary missions are to both stay alive and defend the water tower at all costs from the nasty water thieving aliens! Lucky for you many of these aliens are carrying train cars and weapon mounts along with them which, once defeated, you are free to add onto your own train to make it even more of a Train of Raining Death! Heck, some aliens are even carrying along some stationary towers you can strategically place to bolster your defenses in areas your train might not be able to adequately cover.

If fighting off the endless swarms of aliens weren't enough to keep you busy, you're free to snag some extra points ferrying passengers from one side of screen to the other. A simple enough task normally, but made kind of tough when you need to be on call to instantly snag up dropped power-ups or keep the water tower clear of danger.

Finally, one additional interesting twist involves the water in the water tower itself. While this is the stuff you need to defend with your life and the game will end if it is all gone, it is also the key to repairing your own damaged train cars. So you have to decide how much water you are willing to use to keep your train nice and shiny at the expense of bringing the game that much closer to the end.

5/5
Old 01-28-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Hi,
Why exactly is that not fair? I think a developer likes his own creation and gives it an honest (albeit not very impartial) rating. However, you giving it a 1star rating because of some strange non-app related reason is not an honest rating.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've only played a few levels, but so far it's been quite good, an interesting tower defence variation.
I'd like to see a list of the turrets and what they do, I can't tell what one of them does!
I'm not a fan of the rapidly flashing text, I would have thought that's something that would have been picked up on during the app review process.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:27 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

How are the graphics? From the video they look a bit weak, worried how it would look on iPad.