WWE WrestleFest (to be released February 21 2012)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 17, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #1 metalcasket, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    NOTE: Some sites say this will be released on the 21st of February, while others are saying it will be announced officially on that date. We'll have to wait and see.

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/remade-wwe-wrestlefest-for-ipadiphone-released-next-week/attachment/wwe_109/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Arghhhh arghhhh agrhhggghfkfnfmd arghhhhghgh .......................

Awesome I can't wait.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Telling me? I was honestly giggling like a schoolgirl when I started making the thread. >_>

4. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've never found that any of the 3D wrestling games were as good as the old 2D ones from the arcades. Maybe it's just nostalgia but this is one unexpected release that I'm excited for.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The only 3D wrestling game I truly enjoyed was WCW/nWo Revenge. Heck, not even No Mercy got the same attention Revenge did from me. That said, I would honestly take any of the old-school 2D games over these new ones. That includes Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game and In Your House. Maybe it's just nostalgia, or the fact that wrestling was so over the top in those days, but those games were just plain fun to play.

I can't even count the hours I played WrestleFest at the arcade back when I was in Oman, so this is a dream come true. I feel like a kid again and honestly can't wait for Tuesday.

6. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Might just get this for the hell of it.

7. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    is only multiplayer mode?

contain single player?

please answer me

8. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)

Well, one of the screen shots shows a large "1P" only meter, so there must be SOME sort of single player mode.

The original Wrestlefest had two modes - Tag Team (where you'd control whoever was tagged in at the time if you were playing single player) and Royal Rumble (six people in the ring at once, one person entering as one person leaves, continuing until you've gone through the whole roster and only one person is left in the ring).

The Royal Rumble was definitely a quarter-eater in the arcades, because regardless of your health bar you could potentially be thrown out at any time if you were standing in the wrong place. I got to the point in Tag Team where I could beat the game in a single credit (going through ten matches and defeating the Legion of Doom twice), but by that point it was more abusing the A.I. than actually playing. :)

Hopefully it keeps the same basic simple gameplay, just adding to the roster (and omitting people that won't be in for licensing reasons - I don't expect Hogan, for instance). If it plays well, I'll pick it up in a heartbeat - the child in me still gets a little giddy remembering the voice files: "DiBiase! MILLION Dollar Dream! You've WON! Now go for the NEXT MATCH!" :)

9. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    thanks man

10. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    i hope you can do the wrestlers finishers in this game i dont remember if the original arcade one had that ,but it would be great to be able to do a macho man elbow drop or undertaker tombstone

11. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    SWEEEEET!!! plz gamecentre compatability

12. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Words cannot describe how much I loved this game. One of the greatest arcade games of all time.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Don't you think your sig is a bit harsh? Achievements or not (or gamecentre or not) a good game is a good game. :)

14. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Nice seeing Mean Gene in there too.

15. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    The original definitely had finishers, ah the hours I spent at the arcade playing this one, I can still remember slapping on the Million Dollar Dream for the win.

I'd be more interested if it was the original Wrestlefest instead of this updated version with new characters. All the new wrestlers takes away the retro vibe and hurts it for me even more as I haven't watched wrestling in ages.

16. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    "Finishers" isn't entirely accurate, but every wrestler DID have a signature move (with the exception of Demolition - they had them, but they were generic things like Shoulder Breaker). Characters had three levels of moveset:

"Opponent More than 50% Health" moves (Body Slams, etc)
    "Opponent Less than 50% Health" moves (Pile Drivers, Suplexes, etc)
    "Opponent Less than 20% Health" moves (Submissions, signature moves, etc)

Wrestlers who had a submission move in their regular set (DiBiase's Million Dollar Dream, Earthquake's Bearhug, Sgt. Slaughter's Cobra Clutch) definitely had an advantage, because if you performed that move on a foe with zero health, they'd submit before their tag-team partner could do anything about it.

EVERYONE could do a Figure Four Leglock or Boston Crab, but you had to set them up with a powerslam or other off-the-rope maneuver to make it work (an opponent below 20% Health typically falls in a diagonal pose where you can land things like Hogan's Leg Drop, but can't do a ground-based submission).

Ted DiBiase was probably the best character in the game - he could do most of his "Opponent Has Less Than 50% Health" moves right off the bat (although the damage was scaled accordingly), a running elbow smash to counter most attacks, a power slam, a submission finisher, etc.

Mr. Perfect was one of the WORST, because one of his "under 50% Health" moves was the Perfect Plex - throwing that out too soon guaranteed a break from the pin, and also made you lose any momentum you had up to that point.

Yeah, I played this game once or twice. :)

I'd like to see the original game as well, but of course that's not going to happen. I expect Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior to be no-shows in this game, and doubt the Legion of Doom will maintain their 'final boss' status if they appear at all.

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nooooo hogan, ultimate warrior and legion of doom NEED to be in it.

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    This was probably my favourite Wrestling game as it was so simple and so much fun, I hope the IOS version is good and I hope it has Ultimate Warrior and the original characters in it.

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Oooooooooh Yeeeeeeeah finally I can do the perfectplex again man this brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it greatest wrestling game ever . My only hope is that they don't mess up the controls

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Not sure how this is going to be released. Is it supposed to show up in NZ in a few hours, or is it a worldwide release on the 21st? Yes...the anticipation is killing me.