Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-12-2012, 07:22 PM
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

K so I went back to Tiny Tidal Waves to see how to beat it. Here's what I used:
Mana Crystal, Wall, Living Wall, Lighting Tower, Lava Lobber, Wall Press, Bomb, Ballista.

You want to keep heroes trapped in the wall press zone, so put walls up against them with lighting towers behind the walls. You want a wall with a wall press in front of it in all three lanes as quickly as possible (the first wall is already placed for you).
One other useful hint is that you don't want to use all your mana right away, especially in the beginning. I waited to start placing ballistas until quite a bit later, when I really needed them to slow down a wave. Pretty much whenever your lava lobber is refreshed, you want to already have the 100 mana ready to place it. When I just beat the level, I got the first 4 lava lobbers out immediately one after another, and then I waited a little bit to place the 5th lobber strategically during the last wave. All 5 survived to the finish.

Hope that helps. Even with this strategy in place it took me two tries to beat it, so it's not foolproof and does require a bit of speed and on your feet strategy.

ETA: Does anyone have any idea how to get 3 stars on Rat Race Revenge? 2 stars is very easy, but I can't seem to possibly prevent everyone from reaching the treasure room.

Last edited by Thermos; 02-12-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 11:01 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermos View Post
K so I went back to Tiny Tidal Waves to see how to beat it. Here's what I used:
Mana Crystal, Wall, Living Wall, Lighting Tower, Lava Lobber, Wall Press, Bomb, Ballista.

You want to keep heroes trapped in the wall press zone, so put walls up against them with lighting towers behind the walls. You want a wall with a wall press in front of it in all three lanes as quickly as possible (the first wall is already placed for you).
One other useful hint is that you don't want to use all your mana right away, especially in the beginning. I waited to start placing ballistas until quite a bit later, when I really needed them to slow down a wave. Pretty much whenever your lava lobber is refreshed, you want to already have the 100 mana ready to place it. When I just beat the level, I got the first 4 lava lobbers out immediately one after another, and then I waited a little bit to place the 5th lobber strategically during the last wave. All 5 survived to the finish.

Hope that helps. Even with this strategy in place it took me two tries to beat it, so it's not foolproof and does require a bit of speed and on your feet strategy.

ETA: Does anyone have any idea how to get 3 stars on Rat Race Revenge? 2 stars is very easy, but I can't seem to possibly prevent everyone from reaching the treasure room.

Thank you for posting that. I can only get 2 stars on Rat Race as well. I wish I could return the favor with a 3 start strategy.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 PM
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

No problem! I actually figured out rat race revenge...I feel silly not realizing that if you return the treasure with a rat you still get 3 stars. Now I have 3 stars on every campaign
Old 02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default 3stars on dynamite fishing?

Hey can anyone give me any tips on 3starring dynamite fishing level in the gauntlet campaign. It's the only one i havent already and its beggining to annoy me! Thanks in advance.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:11 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I've loved this game so far. Bought all the map packs and 3-starred everything but the gauntlet now.

I've been stuck on The Long and Short of It. I've seen a few ideas on this forum, but haven't been able to beat this level. Using slime, wall blades, spike traps, lookers and false walls I was able to hold off until about 4 waves left, then I was overrun. That's the best ive been able to do though, so I was hoping for some additional help on this level. Even if it's just which defenses people use, I could at least be on the right path to figuring it out haha. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:42 PM

On long and short of it, You can get one star with the old "spring trap marathon" and wall blades. ( true of most levels)

But more than one star has eluded me. The jelly cube, looker wall combos almost work but not quite.

Anyone got a tip for us?

Last edited by jwardneosoft; 02-19-2012 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Clarify
Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Default New Level Pack!

Good news everybody! We just released another new level pack today, called "The Stronghold", with 10 more all-new levels (some featuring doors, which we just introduced in "The Ruins" pack).

Tell your friends, folks - the more dungeon defenders we have, the quicker we can get new content to your fingertips!

-Andrew, Simutronics Game Designer
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 AM

Hi

For Tiny Heroes Long and Short of it level... I got three stars eventually. Mad hard, but basically I picked the following weapons: slime, floor spikes, catapult, laser towers, lava lobber. Then I built a patch of laser towers just where the snakey last bit of the maze starts - at the end of the first three corridors, where the enemies route takes a right angle turn. So if a wizard starts throwing fireballs down the third long corridor, the laser towers are mostly safely hidden round the corner. The catapults I built safe behind the wall at the end of the third corridor - so they can lob rocks at the same place the laser towers are hitting stuff. And then I built lava lobbers behind these catapults. So they were throwing lava at the same place. This way - you create a small area of total destruction for the incoming waves, at the end of the third corridor. Then, whenever possible, I put extra laser towers at the first two bends of the path, to soften the enemies up before they got properly hit. What really swings it is that you can end up with three lava lobbers behind your defences if you hold them off long enough with the laser towers and catapults combo. Good luck!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM

Oh yeah... in the above explanation I forgot to add... the slime and floor spikes are just used to soften the enemies up as they approach, so just keep placing slime and spikes on the first three corridors. The slime stops the thieves being able to disable the spikes, because when they get hurt, they stop and move on.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

My son and I are addicted to TINY HEROES! Amazing game!

We play it on the iPhone and iPad. By any chance, will we get a iPad optimized version any time soon?
Thanks!