App description: Junk Jack is a 2D sandbox game where you can explore, build your home and survive in random procedurally generated worlds full of monsters, treasures and hidden secrets!

---------

What the press says:

"A Wonderful Free-Roam Game with an Irresistible Pixel Aesthetic"
-Iphonealley.com, 4.5/5

"It has charm in spades. While it isn't the first 2D sandbox building game out there, it is a particularly attractive one, sporting crisp pixel art and gorgeous lighting effects. "
"
-Toucharcade, 4/5

"Junk Jack is a hands-down, no questions asked must-own for any and all iOS users who love sandbox crafting games."
-148apps, 4.5/5

"Junk Jack isn't Minecraft, nor does it feel like it needs to be as its 2D world provides the same level of novel exploration fun while presenting challenges of its own to overcome; a tightly balanced free form experience that's only going to get better with time."
-Appspy, 5/5

---------

Join our forum (http://forum.pixbits.com) and help us to improve our game, and share your creations!

Features:

* retro style pixel art!
* beautiful sound tracks from Bright Primate
* intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything!
* dynamic day/night cycle
* never get lost with customizable signs
* advanced farming system with more than 30 different plant types
* 135+ recipes for cookable foods!
* tint cloth blocks with 15 color dyes
* underground biomes with unique graphic style and monsters.
* placeable and throwable explosives that can destroy buildings, landscapes and monsters!
* critters and enemies to fight (more than 60 different mobs!)
* a fully featured lighting system together with many different sources of light and global lighting
* 3 slots for infinite worlds that you can generate and explore, every world is different from any other!
* procedural generation which creates beautiful worlds with plants, caves, different biomes all around the world
* a double layered world which allows to customize background and foreground of your creations
* many ores and shiny gems to help your adventure
* many hidden containers full of treasures
* more than 1000 treasures!
* more than 600 crafts!
* more than 380 block types
* many elements to decorate your houses (like sofas, tables, wardrobes, paintings, statues and many others)
* an in-game discoverable book to teach you how to play and the recipes available
* shelfs to place items around just to make your buildings shine
* minimap (with a really zoomed out feature to allow you to share your creations)
* runs fine on older gen hardware

We would like to thank Notch! He developed our bigger indie brother Minecraft, without which this game would not exist.

If you need help, please contact us!

New England Gamer's comments:

Having trouble starting?

Check out the Beginner's Guide:
http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=448
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Universal or iPad only...

I'm waiting for a universal or "HD" release. I don't play games on my phone. Just my iPad2. So, once you guys release this as either "Universal" or "HD" I will insta-buy. But not before.

I've bought games hoping to support the developer and wait for the ipad version only to be disappointed by either a) no update to universal, or b) a separate release trying to make me buy it again.

So, I say to the developers...

Don't "wait to see how it does". Make it universal or release a 2nd "HD" edition.
There are many of us who are waiting to buy it.

While universal is always the favorable option for the buyers, I would buy a "HD" version for ipad.

02-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi Scubi, Junk Jack will become universal, as we stated many times.

Check out our blog for some work in progress ipad (and osx tests too) screenshots:

https://pixbits.wordpress.com/

There is still some work to do to optimize it and make sure that everything works ok, but rest assured that it will be released
02-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadclown View Post
Man, these explosives are laborious to make...I've been playing the update for hours without yet being able to make a single stick of BOOM.

Still a fantastic update, even pre-explosives, though. Thanks guys!
If you dig down far enough and find metal crates you sometimes find sticks of dynamite.

Member of the Beta Tester Alliance
Games I have Beta Tested: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
Add me on Game Center: bjp13
02-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the update!
Sorry if it was answered before. I didn't want to read through 140+ pages of people asking how to craft things (That will happen after purchase. haha).

I'm glad to hear it will become Universal. I am looking forward to purchasing it!

Thanks again for your reply. It's great that the developers are still answering questions even after their game is successful.
02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bparker View Post
If you dig down far enough and find metal crates you sometimes find sticks of dynamite.
Or you can go on the junk jack forums and download the world i made as it has several thousand of each explosive. The idea was to use it for custom maps.

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/aeeb2bbe61a40f08.png

BETAs: Save the Monster The Sandbox
02-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bparker View Post
Yeah, that's looking like the best option. I'm wearing the bomb hat and delving for bomb slimes and crates.

One note about those, btw: Diamond and Gold chests are the worst. They're just full of useless junk. At best, some gold tools. Yay? Who cares.

The biome-specific chests are great, and the steel crates are good. But I see the "main" hell-level chests and just don't care. Nothing ever good in them!

GC: Scarlock

oO(x_x)0o
,..|>o<|..,
02-23-2012, 06:35 PM
I love, love, love this update.

Which may or may not be a shameless bump of a thread for a game I dearly love. Ahem.

GC: Scarlock

oO(x_x)0o
,..|>o<|..,
02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the fixes!

A new update just came out, you see.

GameCenter ID: 0-FeliX-0
Hyped Up For: Wil's Finest Hour
02-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi guys, the new 1.5.0.1 is out!
It fixes the night-day bug, and some other little things too.