Cutout Fighter - new fighter from Eligo Games coming to iOS!

02-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligo Games View Post
Online multiplayer is high on our priority list and planned for a future update.
That sealed the deal for me. Well, yeah, even if the deal had not been for free

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
02-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Can this be true? Finally a fighting game done right on iOS *excluding ports of greats like Soul Calibur and SSF4*
Make room for one more people!!! Count me in!!!
02-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3TAL1AT3 View Post
Can this be true? Finally a fighting game done right on iOS *excluding ports of greats like Soul Calibur and SSF4*
Make room for one more people!!! Count me in!!!
I would add King of Fighters to that list...
02-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3TAL1AT3 View Post
Finally a fighting game done right on iOS
Remains to be seen if it is done right. It certainly looks good. My point of contention so far is that in the two videos I've watched, I have seen nothing in the way of defensive and evasive maneuvers beyond the basic block. After having grown used to Soulcalibur's Guard Impacts, Street Fighter's cancels and Focus attacks, and other strategic defensive maneuvers in fighting games, being confined to normal blocks would do bad things to variation and tactical depth.

However, this is what I thought of SFIV when I first played it, so luckily I know not to trust my instincts

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
02-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Sweet, I like the Wario style mini games. I need this!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
02-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,
this game ( I don't know why... ) remember me at Astra Superstars for Sega Saturn...
But...why, in the official Eligo Games's site, they put, for Cutout fighter, Available on AppStore??..it is not true..
Eligo...you have a launch date? Pleeeeassss...
02-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Big thanks to TouchGamePlay for producing a gameplay preview!

There have been a few queries regarding controls so I will try to answer that. When designing the game we have intentionally tried to keep controls minimalist and as easy to use as possible. We are aware that hardcore fighters love having as many options as possible, but we have tried to keep Cutout Fighter accessible to casual gamers. Complicated movements are not always elegantly implemented on touchscreen devices so we decided to build this streamlined control system which assists in choosing the most suitable movement as it is being performed (ie kick, punch). Yes, a block is a block and it's your defence maneuver in Cutout Fighter. We believe that this set of controls is right for enjoyable fighting experience on an iPhone especially paired with our different approach to traditional combos - the Paper Overdrives!

Regarding AppStore, it has been submitted and we are waiting for approval. The link to the AppStore is not on the website yet, it will be placed as soon as the game goes active. You may have been mislead by the AppStore logo which appears on our banner and trailer video - obviously these are only graphics, and we will make sure that the actual link appears as soon as!

Many thanks for all your comments.
Stay tuned!
02-23-2012, 03:00 AM
We are pleased to announce that Cutout Fighter is now available on the AppStore!

Cutout Fighter @ AppStore

Let's continue our discussion in the new thread.
02-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I would add King of Fighters to that list...
OMG!!! How the hell did i leave that out! Blasphemous Me!