iPhone: Princesspajama (by BLUESIDE INC.)

02-22-2012, 03:34 AM
Princesspajama (by BLUESIDE INC.)

02-22-2012, 05:11 AM

02-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Kinda surprised no one's commented on this one yet. I assumed the presentation alone would have attracted some attention. Just tried it, and though I can't comment on a possible IAP wall just yet, the game is quite impressive. For starters, the productions values are top shelf, and it's a great mix of castle defense and beat'em-up (you control one character actively while summoning creeps). There's a loot system, which is cool, and so far as I can tell, they're making their money by letting you watch ads to earn currency. Personally, I think that's a decent compromise. It also has various difficulty settings. I chose the easiest, as I know a lot of these games like to artificially ramp up the challenge in order to encourage IAP. Definitely recommend folks at least check this one out.

P.S. -- It has some great music that should appeal to the otaku crowd.
02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Kinda surprised no one's commented on this one yet. I assumed the presentation alone would have attracted some attention. Just tried it, and though I can't comment on a possible IAP wall just yet, the game is quite impressive. For starters, the productions values are top shelf, and it's a great mix of castle defense and beat'em-up (you control one character actively while summoning creeps). There's a loot system, which is cool, and so far as I can tell, they're making their money by letting you watch ads to earn currency. Personally, I think that's a decent compromise. It also has various difficulty settings. I chose the easiest, as I know a lot of these games like to artificially ramp up the challenge in order to encourage IAP. Definitely recommend folks at least check this one out.

P.S. -- It has some great music that should appeal to the otaku crowd.
I agree 100% -- though I guess I would call it castle offense, not castle defense . This is quite a surprise: great presentation (with excellent mob design -- though I guess they could be cribbed from another source), engaging gameplay, decent depth to the combat, especially once you get combo abilities. I like how even swinging your sword takes a bit of attack energy, so you have to decide whether to spam the attacks or hold off for a special or combo. I'm not usually into these kinds of games, but this one hooked me pretty bad .
02-22-2012, 10:14 AM
hmmm on style alone, ill get this

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Sword of Xolan - Crusaders Quest - Hearthstone
02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
im getting this too. Looks really good.