App description: [Version 1.2.0]

Refined Graphics
All of the game's unit graphics have been redrawn in high-resolution. Don't miss this chance to play the sharpest, most beautiful FINAL FANTASY TACTICS yet!

Improved Draw Speeds
The graphic drawing processes have been optimized for mobile devices. Say goodbye to choppy motion and crash bugs, and play with the quickest, smoothest abilities effects and animations to date!

iCloud Support
A save slot which allows game data to be saved to iCloud has been added. It is now possible to migrate game data across multiple devices.


------------------------------------------------

On the heels of its iPhone and iPod touch releases, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions comes to the iPad!

Final Fantasy Tactics was the first tactical RPG in the Final Fantasy series. Originally released on the PlayStation in 1997, the game has since gone on to sell over 1.3 million units in total. The PSP remake, "Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions" was released to critical acclaim in 2007 featuring added cutscenes, expanded storylines, and new jobs.

Now, in 2012, the battle continues on the iPad! Delve into deep strategic battle mechanics that feature tactical role-playing at its best and savor the story that put Ivalice on the map, all in their full glory on the iPad's screen.

Echoseven's comments:




02-25-2012, 11:29 PM
#51





FINAL FANTASY TACTICS:
THE WAR OF THE LIONS
for iPad

is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
22/02/2012



Do you like the first tactical RPG of Final Fantasy series in your iPad?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -
02-26-2012, 04:39 AM
#52
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Alienville
Posts: 237
I'm a huge fan of the turn based strategy games. I'm playing the psp version upscaled to a 55 inch tv. A lot easier to see that's for sure but the pixels get a little smoothed out, but not fuzzy per say. Anyone notice any problems with the touch controls? Big fingers on some games is an annoyance. Where's my stylus at? ...well I'll just wait till it goes down a tad in price, since I just purchased the psp one for 11.99

Can't wait for a fire emblem port

02-26-2012, 04:48 AM
#53
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
I'm a huge fan of the turn based strategy games. I'm playing the psp version upscaled to a 55 inch tv. A lot easier to see that's for sure but the pixels get a little smoothed out, but not fuzzy per say. Anyone notice any problems with the touch controls? Big fingers on some games is an annoyance. Where's my stylus at? ...well I'll just wait till it goes down a tad in price, since I just purchased the psp one for 11.99

Can't wait for a fire emblem port
Wont happen, published by Nintendo.
06-04-2013, 10:29 PM
#54
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,493
Updated with retina assests and iCloud support. Also, it's half off right now
06-04-2013, 10:53 PM
#55
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Updated with retina assests and iCloud support. Also, it's half off right now
Heck yes. I've been looking forward to this.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-04-2013, 11:48 PM
#56
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Heck yes. I've been looking forward to this.
Hold on, check my post in the iPhone version. I had an issue with the menus disappearing during my play though. It might be wiser to wait and see if anyone else is having this issue first
06-05-2013, 12:30 AM
#57
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Posts: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Hold on, check my post in the iPhone version. I had an issue with the menus disappearing during my play though. It might be wiser to wait and see if anyone else is having this issue first
Blasted. I saw this but really wonder if it would be better to bust out my PSP and load up that version...

Have there been any improvements to the menu systems?

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
06-05-2013, 12:32 AM
#58
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,273
OMG the updates are awesome!!Its not a pixelated mess anymore!!Plus they redo the user interface to be much more touch friendly,no more cluttering buttons on the bottom screen...Its now a full baked port,hurray!!!Between this,KOTOR and WHQ,my IOS gaming time is fully booked for quite some time..

Oh how I've been waiting for this update since they announced it..Since its out,I do believe that the android version will be released shortly or may already have..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"

Last edited by Alister; 06-05-2013 at 12:54 AM.
06-05-2013, 02:03 AM
#59
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river!
Posts: 2,429
I jumped on it after your review Alister, I'm very impressed so far!

I'm officially done for.... Forever now!

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
06-05-2013, 02:07 AM
#60
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Ankh-Morpork
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Blasted. I saw this but really wonder if it would be better to bust out my PSP and load up that version...

Have there been any improvements to the menu systems?
I can confirm that there are no issues with the iPad version, and the improvements to the unit graphics are very noticeable, especially if you open the old and new versions side by side.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.