Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Tim Slim Tim Slim is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
I dont understand why people still try and compare gameing on ios to dedicated gameing systems..3ds,Vita,psp etc.. There is a reason why ios gameing will never be all that popular to the majority. The Apple brand has always been about multi media entertainment...Internet,Books,Music,Movies and then gameing. If you compared the vita ,3ds and other gameing machines to these standards they would fail... You dont go out and buy a ferrari to go get food at the store:P . Personally i bought my ipad 2 for the multi-media experiance not for the gameing...if you bought the ipad 2 for just gaming then you have wasted your money and should have bought a console instead.
Indeed. That said though...I think there's enough quality, in a lot of the games, to make an iPad the only gaming device you use

On topic though...what was the topic again?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-24-2012, 02:44 AM
triggywiggy triggywiggy is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,122
Default

HAHAHAHAHA

......

How is this funny?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 AM
mashead2000 mashead2000 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: York - United Kingdom
Posts: 1,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
HAHAHAHAHA

......

How is this funny?
Beats me... How was what funny?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-24-2012, 05:35 AM
triggywiggy triggywiggy is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
Beats me... How was what funny?
Quote:
The funny thing is FIFA for IOS indeed got a better graphic than vita
that
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 PM
DigitalB33R DigitalB33R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 809
Default

I tried the PS Vita and my local Best Buy and honestly, the graphics aren't that good. Great for mobile, but honestly some games on iOS/Android have about the same graphics. Tried Uncharted, FIFA 12, other games they were ok, defiantly things like character animation is better than iPhone, but not everything is better. For one the fire in Uncharted looked horrible.

Overall the PS Vita is just meh, I owned the original PSP and with no plans to upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 PM
VickMackey VickMackey is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalB33R View Post
I tried the PS Vita and my local Best Buy and honestly, the graphics aren't that good. Great for mobile, but honestly some games on iOS/Android have about the same graphics. Tried Uncharted, FIFA 12, other games they were ok, defiantly things like character animation is better than iPhone, but not everything is better. For one the fire in Uncharted looked horrible.

Overall the PS Vita is just meh, I owned the original PSP and with no plans to upgrade.
I own a Iphone 4S and a Vita and although a lot of iphone games look great, you are kidding yourself if you think they are on par with Vita. The new Drake game looks incredible. But this should be expected; as others mentioned, it is a dedicated gaming device.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-26-2012, 05:03 AM
earthclaw earthclaw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alienville
Posts: 233
Default

I would love to own a psp vita, but several things are stopping me.
1 Price, think there might be a price drop in november..hope so
2. launch titles. Nothing I am interested in that can't wait till there are selling used ones. Plus with Sony,s history it will be 6 months before developers jump on the bandwagon.
3. where is the video out support?
4.Over priced memory cards...waiting for the chinese memory adapters to surface.
5.No Ps2 downloadable games like in japan?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:33 PM
VickMackey VickMackey is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntimidatedbyApple View Post
How anyone can afford and would want a portable gaming console for $250 is beyond me. In this day and age with everyone already owning an iPad and a ps3 what's the point? Do you really need another expensive device to sit on the couch with (because the battery life and size doesn't make it very portable to begin with). Plus it is doing pretty bad in japan and signs are saying support won't be any better than the PSP's. If you already own an Islas 2, PSP and possible a good PC or console, what's the point? Plus in this economy who can afford to spend so much time and money on gaming?
The exact same could be said of touch gamers and those who mainly bought an iphone for gaming. Why spend nearly $300 for the 32-64 gigabyte version!? It's the portability. I bought the Vita because I love gaming and I travel a lot for work. Also, not everyone owns an iPad; to me those are way too expensive. It's actually kind of funny that you are asking who spends so much time and money on gaming in this forum. There are people here who have purchased hundreds upon hundreds of games!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-26-2012, 09:42 PM
VickMackey VickMackey is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
I would love to own a psp vita, but several things are stopping me.
1 Price, think there might be a price drop in november..hope so
2. launch titles. Nothing I am interested in that can't wait till there are selling used ones. Plus with Sony,s history it will be 6 months before developers jump on the bandwagon.
3. where is the video out support?
4.Over priced memory cards...waiting for the chinese memory adapters to surface.
5.No Ps2 downloadable games like in japan?
These are all really good points. But I think the launch titles are pretty good. Rayman, Uncharted and Wipeout seem to be getting positive reviews.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 AM
klarence klarence is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntimidatedbyApple View Post
How anyone can afford and would want a portable gaming console for $250 is beyond me. In this day and age with everyone already owning an iPad and a ps3 what's the point? Do you really need another expensive device to sit on the couch with (because the battery life and size doesn't make it very portable to begin with). Plus it is doing pretty bad in japan and signs are saying support won't be any better than the PSP's. If you already own an Islas 2, PSP and possible a good PC or console, what's the point? Plus in this economy who can afford to spend so much time and money on gaming?
that what I am thinking too.
psvita is more like another home console,but a expensive home console, not that convenient to play in the bus.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent