Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

I'll keep an eye on this to see how it is in future updates. Maybe then I'll give it a try.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytutor View Post
Hi Everyone,

We have listened to the comments from this forum and have just submitted our first update and is currently waiting for Apple's approval. Hope everyone can continue to support us and give us some feedback after trying the updates.

In this update, we have:

-Changed the star mini-game mechanics
-Auto-save after the first week's box office is released
-The box office now shows total box office earning rather than based on popularity
-Player now start with 4 actors/actress in the staff list
-Bonus box office earning for the first film to give player extra cash in the early stage
-Boost competition's film quality to add extra challenge
-Minor interface updates

While we know that we still have a long way to be the perfect game, we hope that everyone can continue to support your support for us. We really hope we can create and bring everyone a really fun and innovate game experience.
Nice to see those adjustments made to the game! I wrote a pretty tough review for the game as well, but not meant in any malice or discontent. I can see the potential of a good game here and I look forward to the future updates.

As for what is mentioned here, the patch additions look nice, particularly the inclusion of 4 actors/actresses at the start. There were several games that played for several in game years with only the starting actor filling the shoes of all roles simply because the random job applicants were always so high priced beyond obtainable, that even after keeping my studio running for several years (there salaries were too high to consider hireing) I couldn't afford them!

It's funny to have made some 30 or 40 some odd films and still be unable to make head way profit wise (or otherwise) to even consider anything other than a "dream" script. There needs to be more options in between the starter script and the other type of films you can make, as the price jumps drastically so. There seems no build up to those higher priced options, no work up. It is either pay 10k for the dream project and grind out a hundred or so films and hope you can be profitable enough to venture to the next step. In short, it seems too steep a spike, and further makes it feel so that there is only one way to play the game, which is unfortunate.

I also agree with the other poster about the subject of only being able to release one movie at a time. It seems odd and doesn't properly reflect the nature of the business it is so prominently trying to emulate. But I can understand that that make be an issue of initial game design doc that probably can't be looked at or considered as the game most likely was not designed to consider that design choice. Still if it is possible, it is worth raising a second "aye" to the other posters comment.

I think Sanuku's video wasn't entirely unfair to the game as I had similar experience my first game and I went with the cheapest option. The problem was the time advancement or maintainence costs and not knowing that you had to keep pumping movie after movie out with reckless abandon to stay alive from the very outstart of the game. So my first movie went to box office and then flopped and then my meandering around the menus and just trying to explore everything else left me met with a nice bankrupt game over message for my curiousity as the time flew by insanely quick (a matter of what seemed a mere minute or so at most real time). I found this to be a problem, being no mere neophyte to these style of games and having played many games of its ilk (being a PC gamer since the 80's and having played most tycoon games, every iteration of sim city, and even The Movies) I was taken aback that I could lose a game like this inside of a minute of inaction. To me that seemed a little too harshly paced... Either the start up cost is too high or upkeep costs are; one way or the other a player shouldn't fail a game even in inaction within a minute or two or playing the game due to going under budget by merely looking at the menus...

Now with all that said, I am still keeping this game on my iPad. I believe it has potential and I believe that the developers can get the game to a good place with some proper balancing, assessment and patching... Oh and fixing or getting rid of that awful tap mini game! If you keep up good updates I will keep up good reviews to reflect it!

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by Bool Zero; 02-27-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Nice to see those adjustments made to the game! I wrote a pretty tough review for the game as well, but not meant in any malice or discontent. I can see the potential of a good game here and I look forward to the future updates.

As for what is mentioned here, the patch additions look nice, particularly the inclusion of 4 actors/actresses at the start. There were several games that played for several in game years with only the starting actor filling the shoes of all roles simply because the random job applicants were always so high priced beyond obtainable, that even after keeping my studio running for several years (there salaries were too high to consider hireing) I couldn't afford them!

It's funny to have made some 30 or 40 some odd films and still be unable to make head way profit wise (or otherwise) to even consider anything other than a "dream" script. There needs to be more options in between the starter script and the other type of films you can make, as the price jumps drastically so. There seems no build up to those higher priced options, no work up. It is either pay 10k for the dream project and grind out a hundred or so films and hope you can be profitable enough to venture to the next step. In short, it seems too steep a spike, and further makes it feel so that there is only one way to play the game, which is unfortunate.

I also agree with the other poster about the subject of only being able to release one movie at a time. It seems odd and doesn't properly reflect the nature of the business it is so prominently trying to emulate. But I can understand that that make be an issue of initial game design doc that probably can't be looked at or considered as the game most likely was not designed to consider that design choice. Still if it is possible, it is worth raising a second "aye" to the other posters comment.

I think Sanuku's video wasn't entirely unfair to the game as I had similar experience my first game and I went with the cheapest option. The problem was the time advancement or maintainence costs and not knowing that you had to keep pumping movie after movie out with reckless abandon to stay alive from the very outstart of the game. So my first movie went to box office and then flopped and then my meandering around the menus and just trying to explore everything else left me met with a nice bankrupt game over message for my curiousity as the time flew by insanely quick (a matter of what seemed a mere minute or so at most real time). I found this to be a problem, being no mere neophyte to these style of games and having played many games of its ilk (being a PC gamer since the 80's and having played most tycoon games, every iteration of sim city, and even The Movies) I was taken aback that I could lose a game like this inside of a minute of inaction. To me that seemed a little too harshly paced... Either the start up cost is too high or upkeep costs are; one way or the other a player shouldn't fail a game even in inaction within a minute or two or playing the game due to going under budget by merely looking at the menus...

Now with all that said, I am still keeping this game on my iPad. I believe it has potential and I believe that the developers can get the game to a good place with some proper balancing, assessment and patching... Oh and fixing or getting rid of that awful tap mini game! If you keep up good updates I will keep up good reviews to reflect it!

Thanks for listening!
Thank you again for the support! Our 1.1 update was an early emergency update to response to the level of difficulty in the early stage of the game. We have a list of items still that will be coming and we hope everyone that have downloaded the game to stay tune. A sneak peak is that we will be adding some "freelance" actors to the list so that players do not need to "wait" to hire another actor/actress. We are currently reviewing the game structure to give players the ability to release more than one film and would hope to satisfy our players soon. Meanwhile, we still still be tweaking the game to make it more enjoyable for our players.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default There's a giant bug that wrecks this game.

When I go to upgrade my HQ it says I haven't got 2,800,000 and i have 500,000,000 FIX THIS! I hate games that have bugs that wreck the game :/ fix it please
Old 04-19-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonvalefan View Post
When I go to upgrade my HQ it says I haven't got 2,800,000 and i have 500,000,000 FIX THIS! I hate games that have bugs that wreck the game :/ fix it please
Hi Dragonvalefan,

Thanks for downloading this game. Are you running the latest version of this game? We have fixed this bug in our latest 1.2 version.