App description: *** Obligatory Quote Praising The Game: "Best Game Evar - 100% freemium junk free!!!! - Big Phil's Mom 10/10" ***

--- ATTENTION --- When purchasing the Bargain Pack, if you do not receive all items, use the Restore button in the Store.

Use your wits and tactics to guide Big Phil along his quest in this engrossing defense game with towers!

Join Big Phil now and help him navigate his adolescence as he fights off the evil teddy bears of his childhood!
Your tactical skills and a little bit of luck, is all Big Phil needs to see him through his teenage years!

Download Childhood's End now and prepare for the fight of your life!

Get ready for an epic adventure to defend against the mob of nasty teddy bears that awaits you and Big Phil.
A vast armory of towers await your commands!
Customize your defensive strategy with different tower upgrades!
Burn, electrify, pierce, bomb, freeze, and sting your enemies into oblivion on your quest to overcome an evil childhood nemesis!

Childhood's End highlights:

Contains NO FREEMIUM JUNK that makes you buy something or grind endlessly!

Go hands-on in LARGER THAN LIFE defensive battles that will keep you coming back to finish the fight!

Build, upgrade and salvage a WIDE ARRAY OF EXCITING TOWERS!

Different ENEMIES on the GROUND and in the AIR!

CHALLENGING BOSS FIGHTS in every level!

In-game TUTORIAL

Play for hours on end with a VAST NUMBER OF LEVELS with BRANCHING PATHS so you can choose your battles!

Colorful and charming HIGH-DEFINITION art!

Use the TOWERPEDIA to deploy the right tower for the job.

Analyzable TEDDYOLOGY compendium to help Big Phil thwart his enemies.

TWO SKILL LEVELS (Normal and Hard) and 3 TYPES OF LEVEL DIFFICULTIES to keep you coming back for more fun.

Tons of gameplay and challenging Game Center ACHIEVEMENTS.

Cloud SYNCING of game saves and settings.

* iPad 1 users: Childhood's End is a memory intensive game so you are advised to close background applications before playing.

arta's comments:

02-26-2012, 06:42 PM
will try it out and report back.

02-26-2012, 07:00 PM
What's the catch...
02-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
What's the catch...
According to what the developer said elsewhere, the game is free to try (you get access to the easy levels), but access to the full game of 21 levels costs you $1.99. The free part of the game gets you the ability to use everything (all towers, all enemies, all etc.) in the game that the paying person has access to too, you're just not able to play the more advanced levels.
02-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Okay, I tried it out and bought it - I'm a sucker for TD.

What dclose said is correct, the first quarter of the game is free and the rest is 1.99. If you ever played Pixeljunk Monsters this game is very similar with a handful of changes thrown in with bosses and other things I won't spoil as they aren't mentioned in the description. One thing I do like about it over Monsters is the touch to control your character method.

All in all, no regrets on the purchase. It gets tough to win a level on the first try and I've already been at it a couple of hours or so.
02-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Just like Save Silva or whatever it was called, this game has ripped data directly fro, PixelJunk Monsters. Do not support this type of bullshit.
02-27-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm a sucker for Tower Defense games, so will definitely have to give this one a try!
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm stuck on level 4 of medium. Anyone else playing this that knows the trick?
02-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
According to what the developer said elsewhere, the game is free to try (you get access to the easy levels), but access to the full game of 21 levels costs you $1.99. The free part of the game gets you the ability to use everything (all towers, all enemies, all etc.) in the game that the paying person has access to too, you're just not able to play the more advanced levels.

Thanks!
02-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Hmm... The artwork strongly reminds me of Triple Town.

Edit: After a few minutes of playing this, I conclude that it is a ripoff of the outstanding Pixeljunk Monsters PS3 game. I can't support this, but I sure would love to see the Pixeljunk folks port some of their great games to IOS.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 02-28-2012 at 11:04 AM.