Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-24-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
I want this...
Did a bit of digging around and found this on the developer's blog:

Quote:
U.S. App Store will launch💩in💩March jungeuro are💩caught.
As should be clear from the sentence, the English is from Google translate, and there's a note below it that seems to say that the March launch is not confirmed. But at least we know that it's coming to the US .
Old 02-25-2012, 10:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Did a bit of digging around and found this on the developer's blog:

As should be clear from the sentence, the English is from Google translate, and there's a note below it that seems to say that the March launch is not confirmed. But at least we know that it's coming to the US .
Thanks Zero! A ray of hope!

Oozoo Inc is on Facebook. Everyone should go there and beg for a worldwide release!

Last edited by CygnetSeven; 02-25-2012 at 10:27 AM..
Old 02-25-2012, 11:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Thanks Zero! A ray of hope!

Oozoo Inc is on Facebook. Everyone should go there and beg for a worldwide release!
Ray of hope indeed!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've been in contact with Oozoo Inc about their game Brandnew Boy and this is their response.

"We keenly appreciate that you and the Touch Arcade community are interested in 'Brandnew Boy'! We are doing our every efforts to launch in the US and other countries more quickly within the end of March. Please, wait for a while and publicize 'Brandnew Boy' to your friends! Thank you!"
Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just got this from korean appstore and it is in ENGLISH.

One of my favorites currently, and I hope the devs continue to update this game. Very unique implementtation of controls and impressively responsive. Graphics, as seen on the video is just superb (unreal engine, duh) and the

Tap anywhere to move forward, swipe drag to turn or move camera. Tap enemies to lock-on and attack. Tap again during a hit (match with meter below like in a rhythm game to maximize damage) for combo, tap icon skills to use them. Swipe to dodge in that direction.

So far, the IAP only looks to be for the impatient. And in this game, you need to grind much to gain money to buy items and improve skills.

Quests are done by missions on a map. Tap on the mission on the map to start mission, complete mission to unlock the next one. Mission can be replayed for grinding.

Has Game Center achievements and leaderboards. 75 Achievements which are awesome coz they are all progress based!

Warning though, it doesnt have the best grammar although it is very easy to understand.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Looks very cool. I hope when it does arrive internationally it doesnt just get ignored like the last eastern unreal game I played, Darkness Rush.

Very different games though, DR was a runner and this is a full 3d action brawler, ios is lacking in good quality games of this genre. Cant wait
Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumothesinner View Post
Looks very cool. I hope when it does arrive internationally it doesnt just get ignored like the last eastern unreal game I played, Darkness Rush.

Very different games though, DR was a runner and this is a full 3d action brawler, ios is lacking in good quality games of this genre. Cant wait
Yea... I think were the only 2 people here who liked Darkness Rush a lot. Im sure Brandnew Boy is going to have a lot more consumers than Darkness Rush since it is a much more widely acceptable type of gameplay than an endless runner.

I dont know why Ooozoo doesnt just release this around the globe since the Korean release is in english as well.

This game is really good, it's all ive been playing all day, but I dont have a lot of time on my hands lately, so i didnt get too far.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-03-2012, 01:51 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

This looks amazing! How in depth is the combat and RPG system?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
This looks amazing! How in depth is the combat and RPG system?
Combat is mainly focused around a combo system similar to Vagrant story where you need to time your next tap in time when the current attack animation hits. The more accurate your taps are, the more damage they deal. Combos are infinite, but you can interrupt your combo anytime with swipes to dodge in that direction.

You can change targets by tapping on a different enemy, and the combo starts from there.

Some enemies are shielded and you need to double tap to open them up to the rest of your combos.

Enemies off screen will have icons to indicate where they are in relation to your view, and their icons will flash when they are attacking, giving you a signal to swipe and dodge the incoming attack. Sort of like spider sense, but the direction where you swipe matters. And it gets harder when you face about 4 or 5 aggressive enemies together.

There are skills and items that need to be tapped on, but there is just one skill/item button where you need to arrange them in a queue under the customize menu before missions to use them in that order.

The RPG is pretty basic. Killing enemies net you experience, and you gain a level everytime you fill up the exp bar. Stats grow a bit but there is no customization with how you grow. The equips arent too customizable either as the weapons have varying attack values, and they affect stats in a very minor way. Same with different clothing, but there are only 3 tiers of armor, but each tier is available in different colors. Tier1 is the one you start out with. Tier2 are color variants of the original which provides a little bit of stat boost, and Tier3 looking like a uniform has better stats than Tier2.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 03-04-2012 at 02:24 PM..