02-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Does sound like a bug, I'll look into that. What's meant to happen is that the best numbers are picked between whats on your phone and what's on our leaderboard. In that way you can get your progress back if you uninstall then reinstall later or play on multiple devices. Kinda like what some games offer via the iCloud.
It did keep the record of my high scores from before logging in locally, but it reset my level and "experience" back to the beginning.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
02-29-2012, 03:46 PM
GLWG is the best TBS on the app store under $17.99, so I'm willing to give this a go.

Now Playing: Danmaku Unlimited 2 | Year Walk | Battle of the Bulge | DJMAX RAY | Groove Coaster Zero | Battle Academy | SmartGo Kifu | Eighty-Eight | Lead Wars
02-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
While I believe Gabrien has a lot of things going for him, there are a number of minor issues that prevent him from reaching his full potential.

Gabrien has been known to have an acute lack of tolerance for certain behaviours of his peers. Gabrien is a perfectionist, and is prone to seeing things too much as either black or white. Worst of all, Gabrien is an idealist, which makes him particularly ill-equipped to function without issue in aspects of day to day life.

On the upside, Gabrien displays excellent taste in literature, film, and sushi.

On the whole, I believe Gabrien can still become a valuable member of society, so long as he is willing to work on the shortcomings mentioned above. And shower with greater regularity.
This is the funniest effin' thing I've read all month, Gabrien. Truly.

Now Playing: Danmaku Unlimited 2 | Year Walk | Battle of the Bulge | DJMAX RAY | Groove Coaster Zero | Battle Academy | SmartGo Kifu | Eighty-Eight | Lead Wars
02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I'll make sure to pick this up at some point, I'm a sucker for match-3's. Also just heard about GLWG from this thread and it also looks good so I'll see to picking that up at some point too.
02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
... you get extra points for getting your "friends" to play the game? Because that seems absolutely unaceptable to me too ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
This is the funniest effin' thing I've read all month, Gabrien. Truly.
Actually the above quote did it for me, I only just noticed it. The self entitlement on display there nearly melted my brain. Clearly not even played the game, but who needs details these days.

Personally, I find murder, rape and child molestation "totally unaceptable". As to giving a minor reward as a bonus for recruiting friends to play with on a one dollar phone game? I dunno, try getting some friends.

(Sorry, I know I said I wouldn't protract this frankly bloody ridiculous argument, but I'm curious what else I might find now that I've discovered where the one-star people seem to live. <popcorn> )
02-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafnel View Post
I'll make sure to pick this up at some point, I'm a sucker for match-3's. Also just heard about GLWG from this thread and it also looks good so I'll see to picking that up at some point too.
Thanks Rafnel, much appreciated.

Be careful though, that sounds like viral marketing and you might get me shot.
02-29-2012, 06:12 PM
I deleted my offending comment. I don't want to participate in a conversation with someone who draws comparisons with rape when people criticize a game mechanic.
02-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
I don't want to participate in a conversation with someone who draws comparisons with rape when people criticize a game mechanic.
He didn't. He pointed out what was "totally unacceptable" in actuality as opposed to your hyperbolic claim it was totally unacceptable that you gained a 1% score bonus for having someone in your friends list. It's called perspective, something you are seemingly not in possession of.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )