Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
Np, gotta love people who act like they know what they are talking about and don't even bother to read a simple spec sheet. Also I've seen those Aviators before, if I was in my early 20s still I'd probably buy them as well. I really like the styling on the brown and gold. Which color did you get?
I managed to find a decent store and ended up getting the ATH-M50. Much better quality, imo and with some time they grew on me to the point where I would hardly look at the Aviator now. Guess I'm becoming a snob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
I already knew that iPhones don't have the same freq as a stereo setup or computer but any good quality headphone with lossless files on an iPhone will sound better than any crappy headphones with mp3s on that same iPhone.
And yet you lashed out at me for essentially saying the same thing.

Although, reading back, I did word it poorly. All I wanted to say was that beyond a certain point, the quality range of the headphones surpasses the quality range of the iPhone's output - and that's when quality becomes meaningless. (Also note, I don't use an amp. The coiled cable is enough of a bother already, though I do appreciate it when I plug it into my PC at home.)
My fault, sorry.

Last edited by Echoseven; 03-01-2012 at 10:17 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I managed to find a decent store and ended up getting the ATH-M50. Much better quality, imo and with some time they grew on me to the point where I would hardly look at the Aviator now. Guess I'm becoming a snob.
Good decision - I have the same set and love it.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
And yet you lashed out at me for essentially saying the same thing.

Although, reading back, I did word it poorly. All I wanted to say was that beyond a certain point, the quality range of the headphones surpasses the quality range of the iPhone's output - and that's when quality becomes meaningless. (Also note, I don't use an amp. The coiled cable is enough of a bother already, though I do appreciate it when I plug it into my PC at home.)
Nobody mentioned the iPhones output and I didn't because I meant to compare my setup of the lossless files + my cans and amp being better than an mp3 + skull candy setup, we both didn't word it properly.

The amp is definitely a pain the the *** to carry around cuz of the extra cords and size but it's worth it.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
Nobody mentioned the iPhones output and I didn't because I meant to compare my setup of the lossless files + my cans and amp being better than an mp3 + skull candy setup, we both didn't word it properly.

The amp is definitely a pain the the *** to carry around cuz of the extra cords and size but it's worth it.
Only if you've been ripping dvd audio, any cd is still limited to its format of 16bit/44.1KHz. Main reason why audiophiles live or die with vinyl, or I'm sure you knew that already.

Last edited by Cilo; 03-01-2012 at 10:36 PM..
Old 03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilo View Post
Only if you've been ripping dvd audio, any cd is still limited to its format of 16bit/44.1KHz. Main reason why audiophiles live or die with vinyl, or I'm sure you knew that already.
Also how many audiophiles live or die by SACDs. Plenty of those who are vinyl through and through don't want to start an SACD collection, which is understandable. Although I've heard of plenty of vinylheads giving up their time for SACDs. I can see why people love either of them.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu` View Post
I have to ask, why? I have that model too and they are perfect in my opinion.
i need a good backup, in case something happens to them.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I actually got these[URL="http://www.wirelessground.com/incipio-f38-hi-fi-stereo-headphones-white.html"] Incipio F38 Headset[/URL] as a gift recently and they are pretty good. I Idk about the durablity of them...yet. But they sound great and feel good. The downside is they are kinda big and a bit over the top in size
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I have a question:
I had beats by dr. Dre. Two days ago I was listening to them while riding my bicycle and I got robbed. I was totally shocked and very sad because 200 euros is a lot for a 15 year old boy. I probaly get some of my money back from the insurance company though. Im going on holiday in 2 weeks time and I want new headphones for then. They have to isolate sound for example in the plane. It would be nice if they cost around 20-100 euros.
Any suggestions would be really aprreciated. Im open to any type of brand.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by P.T.; 06-27-2012 at 01:28 PM..
Old 06-27-2012, 03:19 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

How are the Philips Cityscape Uptown's? They appear to be great and are over-ear!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:57 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I would recommend the ATH-M50. Not sure on the price, but ever since I bought them, I loved every moment listening to them.

They're not as flashy as Beats (and sound better, imho) so attract less attention, too.