Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-03-2012, 03:22 PM
iPhone (Original), iOS 3.x

To add to undead, even if the core stats are not different, maybe each has a special power move of their own? I dunno: blasts shots in 8 compass directions/super-charged sprint/double-jump ability?

Would add another layer even if base stats stay the same? So far so good nonetheless, in other words.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I think Clash Force would be much more appealing if each character had a unique quality however minor. Character variety would profoundly enhance replay value and general fun (imagine even character customization features). After putting so much work into development to skimp on characterization seems like the developer is short changing himself. Unlockable unique characters (even IAP) would really compell further gameplay (i.e. now that I beat the game on normal to unlock xyz I've got to test new character out by playing more). For a game like Clash Force with an implication of multiple character action lack of variety is a real let down. Multiple skins for the same character is a nice touch but probably not a good initial move for Clash Force.
Thanks for your feedback. I agree, different abilities can be cool if done in a full-fledged way. Sonic & Knuckles for example is a game from the retro era that does this better than most.

The IAP idea of adding new characters is cool, but I'd most likely do a full fledged sequel, since the game is going to be .99 and an IAP would be. . . .99 =)

To be fair though, I think that having a variety of characters, even without different abilities, is better than nothing, which was my thought process early on. It's sort of like the evolution deniers, they ask for a missing link and when you give it to them, they say "now there's two more missing links!". In that, if I hadn't had multiple characters at all (ala megaman) nobody would be asking for them to have separate abilities =)

But I am listening to your feedback, and it is definitely something I would consider. It's just that I would want to do it right and balance the game according to those abilities, instead of just tacking it on at the end, the game is only days from being submitted to apple right now.

And if you didn't read through all that text, two points were made:

*Game will be 99 cents.
*It will be released in the next 14 days. (It's my first submission, so the apple approval process is my wild card here)
Old 03-04-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash Force View Post
I understand peoples' frustration with clones. And sometimes it's a fine line between "cloned" and "inspired". The word clone is overused though.
Wow! I just said the same thing in the Oceanhorn thread the other week.

I agree, if you didn't add different characters, no one would be asking for individual abilities. But when you decided to add them, that thought pretty much went out the window.

For your next game, I think a good iOS reference would be Tobe & Friends Hookshot Escape. FWIW, Mega Man Xtreme 2 had a good differentiation between characters, and it also had a good upgrade system. It was one of my favorite Game Boy/Mega Man games.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 PM

this looks sweet cant wait to purchase it.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 PM

Just an update, the game has been submitted to Apple, and if they finish the review process in a timely manner it will release on tuesday march 20!

Tuesday March 20!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Roll on March 20th! Really looking forward to this one.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 PM

Clash Force is now available in the app store!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/clash-force/id509945872?mt=8
Old 03-20-2012, 12:59 AM

Awesome!