Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-13-2012, 05:42 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianOrb View Post
Have you tried this (minor spoiler):

•••Spoiler:  Unlock the helicopter ending in an easy difficulty, keep playing and use the schools to maximize every stat of 5 soldiers. Give them the best equip you got. Make a save at this point and don't overwrite it so you can use it anytime. Then use the helicopter to transport these soldiers to another city right from the beginning (but with stats and equip preserved) on a harder difficulty. It's sort of a new game plus, makes even impossible doable, though still uber hard.
I did not know about that. Very interesting, although not really the solution I was looking for . I will, however, keep this little "easter egg" in mind if I should find I can't beat Impossible difficulty otherwise.

I did finally get a total domination win on seriously hard this afternoon without any boosts like that, and I was pretty happy. Managed to hold on long enough to reach turret towers which let me reduce the zombie population enough to completely remove all risk to me.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I've come to the conclusion after one too many lost games for basically the same series of events that the morale system in this game is broken, at least on seriously hard and above. You can, at best, earn 1 happiness per turn for each church or bar you've allocated a precious survivor to, assuming that their leadership is 6 or higher. You lose 5 happiness for pretty much every stubbed toe, so once happiness drops below the threshold where the natives get restless you might as well quit right there because the odds of you getting back into the positives are slim at best.

So you get hit with a zombie assault and they break through and kill someone, -5, and they take your church back, no more happiness from that, and that tips you into the complaining zone. Still, you go to take it back. Meanwhile, you get hit with a worker strike and have a wasted turn. Next turn someone defects, another -5. More riots. Now a suicide, another -5. Oops, someone got injured on a mission, you got it, -5. Ooh, now they're stealing my food, come on starvation for more -5s. Hey another defection, awesome, -5. Oh oh, two survivors got in a fight, you guessed it, -5 and another injured survivor. Yay, zombies broke through again since I'm down to 5 people on turn 75, I just lost three more buildings and another survivor, awesome, more -5s. Isn't that ironic, the remaining survivors who have been rioting, sabotaging my defenses, and defecting are now complaining I haven't managed to finish researching electricity because man is that easy with all this civil unrest, whee -5. ... rinse, repeat, riot, strike, defection, suicide, fight, food stolen, yada, yada, game over.

You're already climbing uphill with the 30% starting morale on seriously hard, but it's particularly flawed because it takes 4-5 morale buildings and full time preachers/bartenders just to offset the average morale hit each and every turn. If you manage to get enough buildings and/or reach electricity before morale starts to become a critical matter, it never hurts you, you coast between 80-100 happiness from that time out, but if you can't reach that level of morale infrastructure before you start getting the morale messages, you have probably lost no matter how many more turns it takes to actually play out.

The problem isn't that morale is important, it's that each hit is so large compared to your ability to deal with it and each hit further precipitates more hits to the morale creating a poop in the fan downward spiral.

If this is what the designer wanted, so be it, but I can say that it's truly killing the replay value of this game for me since whether I can reach that level of morale infrastructure is more blind luck in terms of the map and available population than anything I have any control over.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
I've come to the conclusion after one too many lost games for basically the same series of events that the morale system in this game is broken, at least on seriously hard and above. You can, at best, earn 1 happiness per turn for each church or bar you've allocated a precious survivor to, assuming that their leadership is 6 or higher. You lose 5 happiness for pretty much every stubbed toe, so once happiness drops below the threshold where the natives get restless you might as well quit right there because the odds of you getting back into the positives are slim at best.

So you get hit with a zombie assault and they break through and kill someone, -5, and they take your church back, no more happiness from that, and that tips you into the complaining zone. Still, you go to take it back. Meanwhile, you get hit with a worker strike and have a wasted turn. Next turn someone defects, another -5. More riots. Now a suicide, another -5. Oops, someone got injured on a mission, you got it, -5. Ooh, now they're stealing my food, come on starvation for more -5s. Hey another defection, awesome, -5. Oh oh, two survivors got in a fight, you guessed it, -5 and another injured survivor. Yay, zombies broke through again since I'm down to 5 people on turn 75, I just lost three more buildings and another survivor, awesome, more -5s. Isn't that ironic, the remaining survivors who have been rioting, sabotaging my defenses, and defecting are now complaining I haven't managed to finish researching electricity because man is that easy with all this civil unrest, whee -5. ... rinse, repeat, riot, strike, defection, suicide, fight, food stolen, yada, yada, game over.

You're already climbing uphill with the 30% starting morale on seriously hard, but it's particularly flawed because it takes 4-5 morale buildings and full time preachers/bartenders just to offset the average morale hit each and every turn. If you manage to get enough buildings and/or reach electricity before morale starts to become a critical matter, it never hurts you, you coast between 80-100 happiness from that time out, but if you can't reach that level of morale infrastructure before you start getting the morale messages, you have probably lost no matter how many more turns it takes to actually play out.

The problem isn't that morale is important, it's that each hit is so large compared to your ability to deal with it and each hit further precipitates more hits to the morale creating a poop in the fan downward spiral.

If this is what the designer wanted, so be it, but I can say that it's truly killing the replay value of this game for me since whether I can reach that level of morale infrastructure is more blind luck in terms of the map and available population than anything I have any control over.

Could you please forward this to Sarah (the dev)? I bet she would be very interested in these issues.
You can get in contact with her via iTunes support link or via her website: www.rebuildgame.com

If you'll forward this, also invite her to this thread on tA!

I think this game has much of a board game (I love it - especially the atmosphere!) and I can really see this game as an asynchronous GC multiplayer game!
Would be so much fun to fight not only vs Zombies, but also battle or trade with other players and see who can reclaim the city first.

Go on, Sarah, please make it a multiplayer game.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Could you please forward this to Sarah (the dev)? I bet she would be very interested in these issues.
I'll see about re-writing it a bit and do it later today.

I played another seriously hard game right after making that post: was handling everything as perfectly as I could based on the map and population but never could get morale above 60 because of the uphill battle (it actually starts at 35), got to the point past turn 50 where they start complaining. Was watching the familiar pattern and then had a single zombie breach that killed two survivors and took my remaining morale buildings, that was a total of -20 right there not to mention no ability to regain morale. No more morale buildings, food hovering between barely any and starvation, population half of what it had been just a dozen turns earlier, and only two non-injured survivors. I took my own advice and quit the game.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
I'll see about re-writing it a bit and do it later today.

I played another seriously hard game right after making that post: was handling everything as perfectly as I could based on the map and population but never could get morale above 60 because of the uphill battle (it actually starts at 35), got to the point past turn 50 where they start complaining. Was watching the familiar pattern and then had a single zombie breach that killed two survivors and took my remaining morale buildings, that was a total of -20 right there not to mention no ability to regain morale. No more morale buildings, food hovering between barely any and starvation, population half of what it had been just a dozen turns earlier, and only two non-injured survivors. I took my own advice and quit the game.

I am having the same morale issues with it (haha )... honestly, the pressure is a bit too much on "seriously hard" and/or "impossible". Stange thing, I can't remember these issues as I played the PC version of the game.
Maybe Sarah can check if she has set all parameters correctly.

Nonetheless, this is a great game with a cool feeling of constant pressure and funny things happening now and then.
I am a big Riffs fan and love when they show up.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:00 PM
iPhone 6

Anybody figured out what's the 7th ending? I thought it might be related to that hidden cabin thing but I just couldn't progress that storyline after getting rid of the guy who discovered I was hiding stuff from the others.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianOrb View Post
Anybody figured out what's the 7th ending? I thought it might be related to that hidden cabin thing but I just couldn't progress that storyline after getting rid of the guy who discovered I was hiding stuff from the others.
•••Spoiler:  1. Domination - take everything
2. Cabin
3. Last Judgment Gang
4. Science
5. City Hall
6. Helicopter
7. Zombie Church

In theory you should be able to find all endings for a single game except #7 which pretty much precludes the others. The cabin one you have to do a "stock food" mission at the bank you're stashing stuff at after you get rid of the person who discovers you to finish it.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
•••Spoiler:   The cabin one you have to do a "stock food" mission at the bank you're stashing stuff at after you get rid of the person who discovers you to finish it.
I captured all areas but one, and still haven't got a mission related to this ending after •••Spoiler:  getting rid of the guy.
Any ideas what I did wrong? I don't remember any mission relating to a bank.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've completed that ending with a different game now, I think the problem the first time was that I hadn't captured a bank early enough.

I've got the seperate achievements for all 7 endings now, but not the 'Fully Completely' achievement for discovering all seven endings...
Old 03-03-2012, 07:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'm still having trouble with the one with the cabin. Bweh. I've gotten the one person killed, but it's been weeks and nothing has happened.