★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakD View Post
Really poor UI and it keeps crashing! Dont waste your time folks.
hmmm... I thought the UI was great... but then again, I loved the UI in the original Robokill... so it's something I'm familiar and comfortable with.

And I haven't experienced one crash yet...

Any chance you're playing on an iPad 1 with iOS 5.x?

Really not surprised if anything crashes on an older iPad with iOS 5 er 5.01... my friend at work has that set-up and it's SO BAD. =o/

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Repulze, Ravenmark: SOE, Cordy, Incoboto Mini, One Epic Knight, Cardinal Quest 2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
03-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I trying to not sound like an idiot here, but has this game been released? It isn't available in the App Store but it seems like you guys have been playing it.
Maybe it's not available in your country? It's certainly available in the US App Store---the data in the first post here in this thread is pulled directly from the App Store. Also see:

http://appshopper.com/games/robokill-2-leviathan-five

03-21-2012, 09:18 AM
It seem good

it seem good and funny.
04-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Don't understand why theres no iPod version yet... I'll pay 99 cents and not bitch and complain about minor details...

But please add or bring back survival, and put the price back to .99 so I feel like I'm buying something.. I suggest maybe trying online competitive or co-op maybe? I dunno I'm fine with how it is but if the problem is that it doesn't have enough new about it which is different than the first these could be good ideas for helping it be better or sell better.

Hope y'all haven't given up on the game...I'll be waiting patiently for a universal version

Thanks
04-04-2012, 03:33 AM
I gave up on it mostly because of the frustration because the items are too hard to use. Make the sensing when trying to use an item better, and I'd go back to it.
04-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
I gave up on it mostly because of the frustration because the items are too hard to use. Make the sensing when trying to use an item better, and I'd go back to it.
And fix this I'm asumming(though I haven't played it yet).

Seems like with a few fixes and additions(survival mainly) this game could be great, and I hope that's what the plan is and not abandoning the game...
04-04-2012, 02:36 PM
i will be buying this as soon as the bugs are fixed that i have read throughout the forums i loved the first game , this looks like more of the same which is not a bad thing...
04-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Im afraid they dont listen much to us, i remember that when i asked about few things last year, related to Robokill and Robokill 2 if it will come to IOS, i never get any reply. So perhaps they fix something, but you never know until its out if ever.
04-04-2012, 03:54 PM
game is free right now snag it up its alot better then the first game graphically there are little things , monsters are alot bigger, better lighting etc...its pretty good game actually, no music just listen to your own.... more like continuation of the first game more of the same which is not a bad thing....

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 04-04-2012 at 04:39 PM.
03-10-2013, 12:53 PM
While it hasn't evolved much from the original, Robokill 2 is a very nice singular dual-stick shooter (until it becomes monotonous and repetitive, which might be the true flaw of the game, since this exhaustion probably sets in kinda soon). Fight near-endlessly, with a little bit of keycard collection and a nice inventory/robot customization system.

And it does the fighting well, with a reasonable variety of enemies and AI behaviour (those ambushing dudes who shoot past cover can actually be tricky to land hits on, and occasionally human-like in their evasion), plus some small peripheral considerations (crates to hide behind or to destroy to flush out the enemy, rolling exploding barrels, and other small terrain elements, plus those durned ledges to overstep and plummet past).

The only thing I'd like to see (besides the engrossing narrative that is sure to become a standard feature of DSSs any day now ) would be a simple character (robot) progression mechanic, with a few skills/permanent mods to complement the nice inventory system. Stuff like shield strength/damage mitigation, movement speed, additional damage, possibly stuff more exotic (damage/projectile reflection, stun effect), and perhaps even silly cash boosters. Etc.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 03-10-2013 at 12:55 PM.