Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-01-2012, 06:52 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Gravity Project by 099 Game Studio

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

OMFG! Is this a runner game? YOURE MINE!

EDIT: Looking at the video, it doesnt seem like it, but i hope there isnt tilt. -_-

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 03-01-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Old 03-02-2012, 12:19 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Anyone try this out yet?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:27 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I have it, but it is in line with a few more titles i recently bought. Im hooked with Invader Hunter and Brandnew Boy, which isnt helping in me testing out the ones i got yesterday and today.

Oh what expensive week we have!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

alright... So i got to play the game.

First the good stuff...

Graphics. Graphics is sweet. The details on the avatar is decent, the backgrounds are pretty detailed with some sweet textures. Character animation is smooth, but more on this in the bad later. The overall visual atmosphere is really good.

The sound effects are pretty much ok. Nothing that you'd hum after playing the game, and nothing that would irritate either.

Gameplay is totally wicked good. The speed romps up fast in later levels, and the amount of stuff that you can gather or destroy as you get to the finish are significant but not too cluttered.

Has 7 Sectors with 5 Levels each for a total of 35 levels of running, jumping, sliding and switching gravity which can all be replayed when completed. The first of the sectors is the Tutorial, which covers the games basics and easy enough to let you get a feel of the game.

NO TILT. YAY! All directional swipes.

Too bad there isnt really a story, and i dont really know what runs after you. The intro PICTURE suggests that there's fire behind you, and that's that.

No Game Center or any achievements or leaderboards present. Im hoping there will be in a game update. So far im liking this game with a few things i dislike.

Now for the bad parts.

JUMPING. Sliding is ok, switching gravity is acceptable, but the jumping feels too sluggish. Like the jump only happens 0.5 to 0.7 seconds right after you swipe up. Pretty delayed when you get to the parts where it becomes a swipefest.

This is the only main negative i have for this game. Please make the jump more responsive. Better if they tweak the slide and gravity change response as well.

On a minor note, I would like to point out that the death animation isnt too "real"

Hitting a wall is fine. Missing a slide under an "X" is ok. Tha animation shows the character hitting a wall flat. Pretty good animation actually.

Now... if you miss jumping over an obstacle which can be as low as where the knee is, it has the same animation. Im sure there isnt enough time for ragdoll physics, but at least have a different animation when you trip. Tripping over a small obstacle makes it look like you hit an invisible wall. LOL. Pretty minor, but affects how the game feels overall everytime you fail a level.

Overall i am liking the game, but the jump delay has to be shortened. Still, this is one of the runners id recommend for those who like temple run, or those who like Runner games in general.

EDIT: Would like to add that the Main Menu and the other Menu screens look a bit bland given how much effort they have put into the gameplay.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 03-02-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Old 03-06-2012, 03:20 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up