• Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 86.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Ultimate Warrior is back

Barbarian, the cult game first released on Amstrad CPC in 1987 under the name Death Sword (Epyx), is making a comeback with an all-new version that remains faithful to the original.

Your mission, as the most formidable of all warriors, is to rescue Princess Mariana from the clutches of the evil wizard Drax. In doing so, you will travel the world, crossing swords with the many blood-thirsty warriors that block your path.
Prepare to die !

Beware: this game is not compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS and equivalent iPod Touch.

Gameplay:
Barbarian replicates the intense playability of the original game, which, with a single attack button and eight movement directions, offered a total of eight attack combinations, including the notorious decapitation move, four dodge and four defense moves. With death lurking in every desperate duel, the slightest slip could prove to be fatal.

Rediscover the spirit of the original Barbarian:
Gory combats where the blood flows fast and the slightest mistake could end in death.
Epic, lifelike duels in which you will suffer horrific wounds.
Superb 3D settings in a Dark Fantasy universe.
The original Barbarian theme music.
Two player levels: Normal and hardcore, for the most battle-hardened players.

Features
Three solo game modes (STORY, ARCADE and SURVIVAL)
Local network multi-player game mode
Gory tasks for you to achieve, such as Decapitate 50 enemies.
For sensitive dispositions, there is the option of switching off the blood mode.

AnarKitty's comments:

The classic Epyx/Microids computer game from 1987 has returned for iOS!

02-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
This game is compatible with 3Gs?
If I were you I won't try ! Reports talk about a big pad on the screen for 3GS
02-28-2012, 01:48 PM
See any review anywhere for this game ?

02-28-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't know if the current controls are a flaw or a feature. They remind me of NES Karate Champ in that there's no flow from action to action - no sense of combos. Nothing really ties together, and my mindset had to change. Matches often feel like a game of rock, paper, scissors because of that and the pace of the action. I can see potential for some strategy in vs matches because the action never gets blazing fast.

I'm just a sixteen bit sprite in an eight bit game.
02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Looks mashtastic...my recommendations watch the new Conan movie first then play this game it will probably increase the overall enjoyment.
02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Brothers View Post
Looks mashtastic...my recommendations watch the new Conan movie first then play this game it will probably increase the overall enjoyment.
The only way to increase your overall enjoyment of this game would be to smoke some angel dust or drop some acid. Either way, though, any fun you have wouldn't have anything to do with the game itself...'cause it SUCKS!
03-01-2012, 05:12 AM
The most awaiting game becomes the worst game at all and nobody talks about it ! Great work anuman !
03-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Weak thread here

(for a weak game ?)
03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetjet View Post
Weak thread here

(for a weak game ?)
Deserving. This could've been so, so, so good and it just turned out to be terrible. Maybe one day we'll get a "Classic" version or even the classic version added to this.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"