Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Puce Moose Puce Moose is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 109
Default

This game looks interesting; I enjoy the retro game style. Is there any kind of over-arching meta game to the whole thing? (I'm always seeking a game similar to one of my all-time favorites; Retro Game Challenge for the DS, which has a bit of a story/magazines/unlockables, etc.)

Also, how many games can be beaten? I'm not a big fan of score chasing/endless style games, so I'm curious how many of the included games have a win condition.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Robin/P1XL Robin/P1XL is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puce Moose View Post
This game looks interesting; I enjoy the retro game style. Is there any kind of over-arching meta game to the whole thing? (I'm always seeking a game similar to one of my all-time favorites; Retro Game Challenge for the DS, which has a bit of a story/magazines/unlockables, etc.)
The only meta game (and it's a stretch) is getting all the achievements in each game - the main menu adds silver and gold stars to each game's icon as you complete the achievements, so there's a bit of a "collect all the gold stars" goal.

Quote:
Also, how many games can be beaten? I'm not a big fan of score chasing/endless style games, so I'm curious how many of the included games have a win condition.
Wanderers (the mini action-RPG) can be beaten. Splatform (the platformer) also ends after you've finished all 9 levels. Bounced (the paddle/ball game) triggers an achievement after you've completed all the unique levels (23 of them I believe) but play does continue afterwards with slightly remixed variations. Marz and Bat Bite are truly endless. So, 2 or 3 out of 5 have an end, depending on how you count.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Robin/P1XL Robin/P1XL is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 324
Default

P1XL Party will be getting a much-needed update soon. The app is fully Universal now, and we pulled the last remnants of OpenFeint out, replacing it with Game Center.

And there's a new little game, called "SG13" - race your muscle car through 40 side-scrolling miles of alien robot apocalypse, to deliver the SG13 nanobots to the scientists that can save the world.

We sent the beta to our testers today, and should submit it to the App Store this week.

Also, if you're a fan of Splatform from P1XL Party, look our for our new app, Super Splatform, launching this Wednesday!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-07-2014, 01:44 AM
Robin/P1XL Robin/P1XL is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 324
Default

We submitted the big P1XL Party update tonight - now all four of our games have full Universal / iPhone 5 support. Also included is a new little alien robot apocalypse racing game called SG13.

Also, if you're a fan of P1XL Party's Splatform, we released a greatly expanded new version of it called Super Splatform (see my signature for the link).
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Robin/P1XL Robin/P1XL is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 324
Default

The relaunch of P1XL Party is live! A new game, full Universal and iPhone 5 support, pulled OpenFeint completely out so it's 100% Game Center now.

And, we made a new trailer:


Youtube link | Pop Up
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-15-2014, 04:13 PM
JCho133 JCho133 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,530
Default

iPhone 5 support? I might have to pick this up...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-16-2014, 01:38 AM
Robin/P1XL Robin/P1XL is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
iPhone 5 support? I might have to pick this up...
Yeah, previously the game was just iPhone 4, and we added both iPad and iPhone 5 support. It's sometimes tricky to do that with pixel games, but we found reasonable solutions for all 6 games included.

We've got a few unfinished games that should find their way into future updates:

-An Intellivision-styled ice hockey game.
-An original Game Boy-styled driving / exploration / combat game
-An 80s arcade-styled vertically scrolling racing game
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-16-2014, 04:50 AM
lena lena is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 923
Default

Thanks for making this universal! It's great. My current favorite is SG13, it would be awesome if that got the Splatform treatment and be expanded into its own game
Really like the music in all the games. It shows the attention to detail that is not standard in retro games these days.

One wish I have is local high scores. I'm not ever going to get in the top 10 globally and it would be nice to see my own high score before I start a game and without having to go to Game Center (which is unworkably slow on my iPad 1, and also doesn't seem to update correctly for me because I only see a highscore for Bounced at the moment).
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Robin/P1XL Robin/P1XL is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Thanks for making this universal! It's great. My current favorite is SG13, it would be awesome if that got the Splatform treatment and be expanded into its own game
Thanks, glad you like it, and yeah, I'd love to see a bigger version of SG13 too.

Quote:
Really like the music in all the games. It shows the attention to detail that is not standard in retro games these days.
Thanks, Sam does a great job on the music.

Quote:
One wish I have is local high scores. I'm not ever going to get in the top 10 globally and it would be nice to see my own high score before I start a game and without having to go to Game Center (which is unworkably slow on my iPad 1, and also doesn't seem to update correctly for me because I only see a highscore for Bounced at the moment).
Great idea, I'll look into it.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Th3R3n3gad3 Th3R3n3gad3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 137
Default

Any chance of more games after the first 9?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent