Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-05-2012, 12:47 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

OMG I've never noticed this before. They really are sorted by alphabet. This is just terrible, what is Apple thinking
Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Default It's been that way since *ever*

Afaik releases are batched; within batches alphabetical order rules and there are weird tricks that 'used to help' ensure you actually get some visibility in new releases (sometimes I check them for the categories I like, I hope I'm not the only one )

I took this into consideration when naming my first game but at the time I was very new to this stuff and much worried about getting initial momentum/visibility. Now... well there are lots of things I did to help gaining visibility, and I find it really difficult to decide what actually helped, other than making a decent game on the same premise you did ( ~almost~ zero budget, solo ).

I would worry about other ways the name is important nowadays, rather than play ascii games and release ::AAAwesomeApp::

There are things I will continue doing, like minimum spend (hundreds of $, not thousands) on advertisement (so that SOMEBODY notice we released a game).