• Publisher: Jack Flag
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.5 MB
  • Version: 1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: On November 3rd, 1957 Laika the dog became the first animal to enter space. For 55 years she was considered lost. In 2012 the real story is finally ready to be told. Pieced together from recently declassified soviet-era documents, CIA archives, and with gaps filled in from the back of shampoo bottles, this is a story of action, adventure, love, sacrifice and heroism; This is the story of Cosmonaut Cat.

The world's best, and probably only* cat-with-a-parachute-in-space-simulator. Can you keep your butter-fingered opposable thumbs on the slippery parachute long enough to reach a safe height to pull the cord? Will you alter history and save Laika the dog from certain death? Probably.

Features

- A Kitten with opposable thumbs
- A Realistic theoretical simulation of non-existent historical events
- Easy to learn, hard to master gameplay
- Game Center integration so you can show your comrades who's the chairman
- Cat noises
- Dog noises
- Explosions, action, and adventure

CosmonautCat's comments:
Hi Guys, I just wanted to say that my new game; CCCP is now available to purchase in all regions.

The game tells the story of Laika (the dog sent into space by Russia in 1957).

It's inspired by games like Enviro-Bear, and therefore quite short (although I think additively re-playable). But I hope you enjoy it. $.99

Thanks


03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
#12
After watching the video, I'm very much taken with the presentation and story. Perhaps the "game" should just have been left out? Because not only does it appear to be hackneyed and unimaginative, it also seems totally inappropriate, nonsensical, and in no obvious way related, to the beautifully set up theme and premise.

03-06-2012, 06:29 PM
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
After watching the video, I'm very much taken with the presentation and story. Perhaps the "game" should just have been left out? Because not only does it appear to be hackneyed and unimaginative, it also seems totally inappropriate, nonsensical, and in no obvious way related, to the beautifully set up theme and premise.
Really? Because it looks like Cat is trying desperately to hold onto that parachute for his dear friend.

I whole-heartedly agree about the presentation though, it's top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-06-2012, 06:41 PM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Really? Because it looks like Cat is trying desperately to hold onto that parachute for his dear friend.
I just watched again in case I missed something. His friend is presumably still in the spaceship. And the cat is playing a keepy-ups game with a parachute instead of a ball, looking "pleased" each time it manages to knock it up, and seemingly in no distress whatsoever.
03-07-2012, 04:12 AM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
After watching the video, I'm very much taken with the presentation and story. Perhaps the "game" should just have been left out? Because not only does it appear to be hackneyed and unimaginative, it also seems totally inappropriate, nonsensical, and in no obvious way related, to the beautifully set up theme and premise.
I guess I don't have a fan here then.
03-07-2012, 06:21 AM
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmonautCat View Post
I guess I don't have a fan here then.
You have a fan of your artwork, and in particular of your whimsical premise. Both deserve a better game to accompany them.
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
You have a fan of your artwork, and in particular of your whimsical premise. Both deserve a better game to accompany them.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.