Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfrogmkt View Post
hmm, TY TY!!
Seem like you did a lot of advertising.
Yes, we try to push our games as much as we can. Tough market out there.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x

Give ours a try?

Contrary to what others have said, we've not tried to blend other game types into this or extend the genre into something it's not. Just play it for 90 seconds and smash your friends' scores.

There's a free with ads version available too. We're getting about 5000 downloads a day between this and the Android version. Integrates nicely with facebook if you have an account there.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 AM
iPhone 3GS

I wouldn't get any development done at all if I marketed as much as it takes! One of our games is kinda match3 (except its match4:/), it needs an update but I don't think there's much interest in the genre unless the game is fully featured.

I'm finding it better to work on games that are more 'my cuppa tea'. We recently made the match4 free (no ads or anything weird) if you would like to check out something a little different. I think it will remain free, a game developer should put their heart into their apps throughout it's existence...I'm feeling that on a different genre than match-x though :-)
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Give ours a try?

Contrary to what others have said, we've not tried to blend other game types into this or extend the genre into something it's not. Just play it for 90 seconds and smash your friends' scores.

There's a free with ads version available too. We're getting about 5000 downloads a day between this and the Android version. Integrates nicely with facebook if you have an account there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitter View Post
I wouldn't get any development done at all if I marketed as much as it takes! One of our games is kinda match3 (except its match4:/), it needs an update but I don't think there's much interest in the genre unless the game is fully featured.

I'm finding it better to work on games that are more 'my cuppa tea'. We recently made the match4 free (no ads or anything weird) if you would like to check out something a little different. I think it will remain free, a game developer should put their heart into their apps throughout it's existence...I'm feeling that on a different genre than match-x though :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
Yes, we try to push our games as much as we can. Tough market out there.
market is market. so much of a competition. Thanks for your opinion guys, great help.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Give ours a try?

Wow what a contrast, we had 5 a couple of days back...precicely 1000x less!
Certainly this has given me something to think about. Though the forum doesn't show it, we posted in this thread at the exact same time...it's taken me until now to get over the shock.

Not sure what to do about such a high contrast...
Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 AM
iPhone 3GS

Guess ya just gotta push it out there (marketing advice)

Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Certainly this has given me something to think about. Though the forum doesn't show it, we posted in this thread at the exact same time...it's taken me until now to get over the shock.

Yeah, our game also has low download rate... we are planning on getting app reviews. How will it work?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:

in all honest friendly way.. just take a look at your offering.. generic balls and then look at fruit blitz and there is a huge gap in optical quality and foremost casual attraction..

i myself would not turn around my head for any of those, but i'm not the target group either..

as i suggest before you need to team up with a decent artist.. it doesn't help that you can code if the results look the way they look..

any maybe one day people realize that competing in the free section is even tougher than on the paid section since you need a lot of more downloads to chart anywhere

also note that 5k is across ios and android.

free download rate on android (feels to me) a lot higher than average free downloads on ios.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
i also note that 5k is across ios and android.

free download rate on android (feels to me) a lot higher than average free downloads on ios.
Absolutely - the Android crowd is about 2:1 vs iOS - they just seem to accept advertising more.

Paid versions are more even at about 50 a day from each.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 AM
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
in all honest friendly way.. just take a look at your offering.. generic balls and then look at fruit blitz and there is a huge gap in optical quality and foremost casual attraction..

i myself would not turn around my head for any of those, but i'm not the target group either..

as i suggest before you need to team up with a decent artist.. it doesn't help that you can code if the results look the way they look..

any maybe one day people realize that competing in the free section is even tougher than on the paid section since you need a lot of more downloads to chart anywhere

also note that 5k is across ios and android.

Yes the first thing that strikes me with the fruit pictures above, is exactly that...they're striking. Well my domestic balls do go blurry in 3D space not that the effect counts for anything!

I'm still concerned that outsourcing generates a contractor who wants to be paid...a side effect which in all honesty I don't comprehend.

5k over 3 formats is amazing, it seems relatively impossible!