Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
PikPok's Avatar
PikPok PikPok is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfrogmkt View Post
hmm, TY TY!!
Seem like you did a lot of advertising.
Yes, we try to push our games as much as we can. Tough market out there.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Rubicon's Avatar
Rubicon Rubicon is offline
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Isle of Wight, UK
Posts: 1,445
Default

Give ours a try?



Contrary to what others have said, we've not tried to blend other game types into this or extend the genre into something it's not. Just play it for 90 seconds and smash your friends' scores.

There's a free with ads version available too. We're getting about 5000 downloads a day between this and the Android version. Integrates nicely with facebook if you have an account there.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 AM
blitter's Avatar
blitter blitter is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ΖΞN
Posts: 304
Default

I wouldn't get any development done at all if I marketed as much as it takes! One of our games is kinda match3 (except its match4:/), it needs an update but I don't think there's much interest in the genre unless the game is fully featured.

I'm finding it better to work on games that are more 'my cuppa tea'. We recently made the match4 free (no ads or anything weird) if you would like to check out something a little different. I think it will remain free, a game developer should put their heart into their apps throughout it's existence...I'm feeling that on a different genre than match-x though :-)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
digitalfrogmkt's Avatar
digitalfrogmkt digitalfrogmkt is offline
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Give ours a try?



Contrary to what others have said, we've not tried to blend other game types into this or extend the genre into something it's not. Just play it for 90 seconds and smash your friends' scores.

There's a free with ads version available too. We're getting about 5000 downloads a day between this and the Android version. Integrates nicely with facebook if you have an account there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitter View Post
I wouldn't get any development done at all if I marketed as much as it takes! One of our games is kinda match3 (except its match4:/), it needs an update but I don't think there's much interest in the genre unless the game is fully featured.

I'm finding it better to work on games that are more 'my cuppa tea'. We recently made the match4 free (no ads or anything weird) if you would like to check out something a little different. I think it will remain free, a game developer should put their heart into their apps throughout it's existence...I'm feeling that on a different genre than match-x though :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
Yes, we try to push our games as much as we can. Tough market out there.
market is market. so much of a competition. Thanks for your opinion guys, great help.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM
blitter's Avatar
blitter blitter is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ΖΞN
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Give ours a try?



Contrary to what others have said, we've not tried to blend other game types into this or extend the genre into something it's not. Just play it for 90 seconds and smash your friends' scores.

There's a free with ads version available too. We're getting about 5000 downloads a day between this and the Android version. Integrates nicely with facebook if you have an account there.
Wow what a contrast, we had 5 a couple of days back...precicely 1000x less!
Certainly this has given me something to think about. Though the forum doesn't show it, we posted in this thread at the exact same time...it's taken me until now to get over the shock.

Not sure what to do about such a high contrast...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 AM
blitter's Avatar
blitter blitter is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ΖΞN
Posts: 304
Default

Guess ya just gotta push it out there (marketing advice)

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 PM
digitalfrogmkt's Avatar
digitalfrogmkt digitalfrogmkt is offline
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitter View Post
Wow what a contrast, we had 5 a couple of days back...precicely 1000x less!
Certainly this has given me something to think about. Though the forum doesn't show it, we posted in this thread at the exact same time...it's taken me until now to get over the shock.

Not sure what to do about such a high contrast...
Yeah, our game also has low download rate... we are planning on getting app reviews. How will it work?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM
mr.Ugly's Avatar
mr.Ugly mr.Ugly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitter View Post
Wow what a contrast, we had 5 a couple of days back...precicely 1000x less!
Certainly this has given me something to think about. Though the forum doesn't show it, we posted in this thread at the exact same time...it's taken me until now to get over the shock.

Not sure what to do about such a high contrast...

in all honest friendly way.. just take a look at your offering.. generic balls and then look at fruit blitz and there is a huge gap in optical quality and foremost casual attraction..

i myself would not turn around my head for any of those, but i'm not the target group either..

as i suggest before you need to team up with a decent artist.. it doesn't help that you can code if the results look the way they look..

any maybe one day people realize that competing in the free section is even tougher than on the paid section since you need a lot of more downloads to chart anywhere

also note that 5k is across ios and android.

free download rate on android (feels to me) a lot higher than average free downloads on ios.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 AM
Rubicon's Avatar
Rubicon Rubicon is offline
Developer
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Isle of Wight, UK
Posts: 1,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
i also note that 5k is across ios and android.

free download rate on android (feels to me) a lot higher than average free downloads on ios.
Absolutely - the Android crowd is about 2:1 vs iOS - they just seem to accept advertising more.

Paid versions are more even at about 50 a day from each.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 AM
blitter's Avatar
blitter blitter is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ΖΞN
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
in all honest friendly way.. just take a look at your offering.. generic balls and then look at fruit blitz and there is a huge gap in optical quality and foremost casual attraction..

i myself would not turn around my head for any of those, but i'm not the target group either..

as i suggest before you need to team up with a decent artist.. it doesn't help that you can code if the results look the way they look..

any maybe one day people realize that competing in the free section is even tougher than on the paid section since you need a lot of more downloads to chart anywhere

also note that 5k is across ios and android.

free download rate on android (feels to me) a lot higher than average free downloads on ios.
Yes the first thing that strikes me with the fruit pictures above, is exactly that...they're striking. Well my domestic balls do go blurry in 3D space not that the effect counts for anything!

I'm still concerned that outsourcing generates a contractor who wants to be paid...a side effect which in all honesty I don't comprehend.

5k over 3 formats is amazing, it seems relatively impossible!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent