★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Crowdfund your App or Game

09-10-2011, 06:21 AM

Thanks for posting all that, that's really helpful.

For one of the projects I'm involved in we're really going for high production values. A lot of smooth animation and multiple environments. So I was thinking about crowd funding to help make sure we can meet our creative goals.

Play Yam Yam!
Download some great music for your game projects.
Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
09-10-2011, 05:46 PM
I hesitated very long (at least in my terms ), but now I decided to go live with our crowdfunding project on IndieGoGo instead of Ulule or Appbackr.

I still wait for Appbackr on the Appfigures vs iTunes Connect thing and Ulule lost due to less popularity.

So if you want, you can check our crowdfunding project here: Battle Mage Academy on IndieGoGo

If you even contribute, we are very thankful.

09-12-2011, 05:51 PM
My project was released on Appbackr.com and they said, they will work with Appfigures together to make things easier for developers.

Now the situation is a bit strange, because I don't want to look like a scammer trying to take money from everywhere, but I don't know what to do.
09-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Do you guys think it would be feasible to use crowd funding to pay for marketing of a game? Just wondering

Eye Cog Games: "Our mission is to create fun 2d games!"
Follow us on twitter & facebook
and/or read our blog
09-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Eye Cog View Post
Do you guys think it would be feasible to use crowd funding to pay for marketing of a game? Just wondering
Structure your pitch and rewards right and crowd funding is possible for anything.

Ember Conflict name: Porthos
09-15-2011, 07:37 AM
Nice list. We're actually working on a kickstarter campaign right now - I'm editing our video. Hopefully we do well, good luck with yours!
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
What I find mind blowing is just how many ppl will pay big bucks for a title on KickStarter. No actual ROI, just in-game rewards? Amazing stuff!

Twitter: @PeterBabiy
Site: www.strappedtoameteor.com
Games: Go Go Giraffe | DEO | Mr. Dreamer
03-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Have been tracking some Kickstarter iOS projects recently and it looks like a good approach to funding. Rather than asking a small amount of people to invest a lot of money, you're asking a lot of people to invest a small amount.

One common reward I see, though, is: "will be emailed a download code for the game on launch." — Anyone want to hazard a guess how they're doing this through iTunes? For several thousand backers this can't be easy (I'm not even sure it's possible…)