Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-12-2012, 05:35 PM

i'm digging this game so far!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Now FREE for the first time and for a complete week! Very generous! No ads, no IAPs, just the whole game.

Recommended! Don't miss that, folks. One of the best tower defense games in town.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:00 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Now FREE for the first time and for a complete week! Very generous! No ads, no IAPs, just the whole game.

Recommended! Don't miss that, folks. One of the best tower defense games in town.
Heck yeah! This game has it all! Trains, line drawing, tower defense, even At-Ats!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

thanks guys.

I've finally tracked down the crash people are getting. Its to do with my leaderboard code and affecting people depending on their ranking in the leaderboards.

I've submitted a 1.8 fix. Please hold off on any 1 star - "this game crashes" reports if you can

If the problem effects you, the current workaround is to play in airplane mode, or not logged into gamecenter.

apologies for any inconveniences.

MaDPuPPeT
Old 05-07-2012, 12:43 PM
iPad 2

Default Game Impressions

I really like this game. It is very unique and interesting. No IAPs which is incredible. Kudos for such a neat concept! I really want to see it develop.

There is a huge learning curve though. The entire game is like a "sandbox mode". Which is great, but most prefer to have more concrete goals.

I would highly recommend breaking it up into various "missions" or campaign, which will help replay and game length.

First mission is a TUTORIAL that has you move the train around, intercept a bad guy coming for the tower, killing a car-carrier, attaching a car, then getting a weapon for it and attaching it.

Next one is to Transport X number of people. Game goes forever until youve done the transfer with bonus based on time.

Then a 'defend' scenario where you just defend against the next tier, and can also get Towers and guns.

And so on, with you slowly introducing new weapons, bigger trains, passenger shuffle, etc.

You might even implement a currency system where you can get 1 to 5 stars per level, depending on speed, score, whatever.
These would be spent at the Upgrade page, which would have various options available:
upgrade of train speed, longer range weapons, UNLOCK of various weapons, better firepower of weapons, bigger maximum number of Train Cars, bigger max number of Towers, autorepair of towers, or cars, ... you get the idea.

As is, there is tons of promise but the tutorial screen is wayy too long and too much stuff happens all at once.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:46 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

It is kinda overwhelming but im liking this game very much on the ipad. But i cant seem to get how do you connect to other wagons, I got two attached but tgen I couldnt, dont know if I missed something important. Any help?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:31 PM

To add a new car, put your train in reverse and aim for the connector.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1512 View Post
I really like this game. It is very unique and interesting. No IAPs which is incredible. Kudos for such a neat concept! I really want to see it develop.

There is a huge learning curve though. The entire game is like a "sandbox mode". Which is great, but most prefer to have more concrete goals.

I would highly recommend breaking it up into various "missions" or campaign, which will help replay and game length.

First mission is a TUTORIAL that has you move the train around, intercept a bad guy coming for the tower, killing a car-carrier, attaching a car, then getting a weapon for it and attaching it.

Next one is to Transport X number of people. Game goes forever until youve done the transfer with bonus based on time.

Then a 'defend' scenario where you just defend against the next tier, and can also get Towers and guns.

And so on, with you slowly introducing new weapons, bigger trains, passenger shuffle, etc.

You might even implement a currency system where you can get 1 to 5 stars per level, depending on speed, score, whatever.
These would be spent at the Upgrade page, which would have various options available:
upgrade of train speed, longer range weapons, UNLOCK of various weapons, better firepower of weapons, bigger maximum number of Train Cars, bigger max number of Towers, autorepair of towers, or cars, ... you get the idea.

As is, there is tons of promise but the tutorial screen is wayy too long and too much stuff happens all at once.
While this might be a more fun way to train up, wouldn't it get tedious to have to go through that same series of scenarios each time you play? Maybe this tutorial mode could be a separate little interactive trainer to the side of the real game modes.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:49 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

hey guys. been a while so I thought I'd do an update.
Firstly, I've started working on a sequel. It will be more structured around missions and discovering and upgrading turrets. I'm porting it all to unity so I can port it quicker to other platforms like the Web, Android, Mac and Steam.
I may even explore a freemium model, though I think that sucks to have to do that...

I plan to keep doing updates to Train Defense #1 though and keep it as a simple survival sandbox like it is now. I hope to get out another update over the next couple of weeks. Main features being:
- an auto-save option - (so playing for hours is safer from memory crashes).
- some more tower upgrades
- some new turrets that will help make 'fire' a more viable strategy. Currently the ice strategies seem to be the only real way to survive long-term. I won't be nerfing anything, just adding more uberness to other strategies.

MaDPuPPeT
Old 08-03-2012, 06:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDPuPPeT View Post
hey guys. been a while so I thought I'd do an update.
Firstly, I've started working on a sequel. It will be more structured around missions and discovering and upgrading turrets. I'm porting it all to unity so I can port it quicker to other platforms like the Web, Android, Mac and Steam.
I may even explore a freemium model, though I think that sucks to have to do that...

I plan to keep doing updates to Train Defense #1 though and keep it as a simple survival sandbox like it is now. I hope to get out another update over the next couple of weeks. Main features being:
- an auto-save option - (so playing for hours is safer from memory crashes).
- some more tower upgrades
- some new turrets that will help make 'fire' a more viable strategy. Currently the ice strategies seem to be the only real way to survive long-term. I won't be nerfing anything, just adding more uberness to other strategies.

MaDPuPPeT

The mad one has held true to his word with the release of the v1.9 update!

-Emergency Saves: Basically the game now automatically saves at the end of each level so if the game were to rudely crash mid-play, you can always resume from the last pre-crash save.

-Towers Wheels: Towers can now have wheels added (as opposed to the extra armor reinforcement upgrade)! These are super slow moving and only in a straight line, but much nicer than nothing (or a punch in the face).

-Hellfire Missiles:These devastating missiles are the bane of any water bandit but can only track targets that are currently ON FIRE!