Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-11-2012, 03:40 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I think we hae a "Coke Classic" situation on our hands here. Any chance of releasing a "WELDER Classic" that incorporates everything pre-gigawatts?
Seconded. I want the game I paid for back. In it's current form I hate it and don't appreciate the blatant bait and switch.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmckean View Post
Seconded. I want the game I paid for back. In it's current form I hate it and don't appreciate the blatant bait and switch.
I really don't think the devs had evil intent, I'm sure they thought these would be fun additions and they could make a little money to boot...but it just really broke the previous purity of the game IMHO.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I really don't think the devs had evil intent, I'm sure they thought these would be fun additions and they could make a little money to boot...but it just really broke the previous purity of the game IMHO.
Agreed and good idea on the classic version.

I'm glad I never played for competition outside of beating my personal bests so this Gigawatt system didn't bother me as much as the Toxic Tiles did. I do agree about taking integrity and some purity out of the core game itself. Thanks for updating and fixing the Toxic Tiles so they're less frequent, it really made the game fun again.

I do feel that outside of a classic version with separate leaderboards, the Devs could adopt a system similar to Triple Town where your allowed to utilize a limited amount of (in this case) Gigawatt recharges per session so highscores wouldn't be too overkill and it would remain competitive for everyone? The way the Triple Town Devs implemented their iap is great because it's enough to remain competitive as well as make the player cautious with every move, not to mention a fair enough to second thought wanting to buy iap thanks to the amount of gold earned in playing games. The iap feels completely optional and I'm sure it's what the Devs set out to do in the 1st place. Sure it takes a while to accumulate gold through playing, but it's very well balanced and makes you feel like your earning it with every turn. The iap doesn't feel like the Devs are being greedy at all imo with the way the system is executed. I'd say it's iap done right. Just a thought...

Last edited by GodSon; 03-11-2012 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: Typo...
Old 03-12-2012, 11:57 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I agree, I want the original game back. The game has been overwhelmed by needless add-ons and have made this a totally different game. One I no longer care to play.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I'm a sucker for word games and this one somehow passed me by on first release.

I was going to grab it then saw the comments about the latest release, not good.

I know, it's only 0.99c but they add up and I'm going to pass for now.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Congrats on the great game!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VimFuego View Post

I was going to grab it then saw the comments about the latest release, not good.

That's kind of a crazy logic when talking about 99 pennies, the game is a lot of fun and I've had it from the onset, through all the changes. The update PRIOR to this last one was a downer yes but that's history at this point as it's fine in present form. All told I've spent 3$ on this game and have received countless hours of enjoyment from it over the last year. Also the bonus mode of using only swaps is fun too, getting into that now.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:

Please do not let the negative comments dissuade you. With the last update, this is back to being the best word game on the app store. I think the developers have been very sensitive to the negative, and justified comments, and things are totally back on track.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:

As the above posters said...don't let the negative posts detract you. W.E.L.D.E.R. is a solid word game and one of my favorites for iOS to date. Simplistic and challenging with endless replayability. The in-game dictionary imo is one of the best aspects to the game which differentiates W.E.L.D.E.R. from other word games because you can reference most words you spell (when offline, online you can reference everything) in-game, so your learning as your playing. You can also look up words in-game for reference to see if they're even words before you use your swaps too which helps at all times. W.E.L.D.E.R. is an absolute steal for $0.99 btw...

Last edited by GodSon; 03-12-2012 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Adding to response...