Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

That's right, Two Towers is a candidate for TouchArcade's Game of the Week!

If you want it to make the cut, nominate it for voting in this thread.

Note: This poll is for existing TouchArcade members only. Developers may not nominate/vote for their own games, nor bring outsiders in to vote.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:37 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

It was a mistake to buy this. It's all luck, no skill and barely any decisions.

Has nothing on Dominion or Ascension.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:04 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
It's all luck, no skill and barely any decisions.
Altaem, here is some tips that may help you to better understand Two Towers:

1. Try to think not only on your current turn, but also on a next one.

2. If you have few resources try not to play expensive cards. Discard some other instead. So you'll collect enough resources to make a power strike on your opponent or to build tower in a few turns. If you'll play only available cards your resources stay low and you may lose the game. Sometimes is better to discard some card than to play available one.

3. Don't use one strategy to win. Try to change it depending on the game situation. There is 3 different ways to win the game (build your tower, destroy enemy's one or collect resources).
Old 03-07-2012, 09:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Pretty sure you just stated the obvious there, I'm not convinced.
Still I haven't tried winning by resources yet so maybe I'm being overly harsh.

I'll give it another go.

Edit: tried again. More convinced than ever it's all luck. Whoever gets the economy going first ( entirely luck, you can't build an economy without the cards ) has the power to play the big killers first. If both players get a decent income coming in then it simply comes down to who draws the biggest cards or a run of free action cards.

I don't believe an economic victory is possible unless the game was already under control and you simply didn't finish off your opponent.

If it was possibly to discard multiple cards as a single action some real strategy could emerge. As it is it has the same luck to skill ratio as ludo.

Last edited by Altaem; 03-07-2012 at 09:50 AM..
Old 03-07-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaem View Post
Pretty sure you just stated the obvious there, I'm not convinced.
Still I haven't tried winning by resources yet so maybe I'm being overly harsh.

I'll give it another go.

Edit: tried again. More convinced than ever it's all luck. Whoever gets the economy going first ( entirely luck, you can't build an economy without the cards ) has the power to play the big killers first. If both players get a decent income coming in then it simply comes down to who draws the biggest cards or a run of free action cards.

I don't believe an economic victory is possible unless the game was already under control and you simply didn't finish off your opponent.

If it was possibly to discard multiple cards as a single action some real strategy could emerge. As it is it has the same luck to skill ratio as ludo.
Yeah, totally agree. This game is total luck. Do you draw the Economy boosting cards. No, well good luck on that then. Where are the cards that allow you to manipulate the deck to find the cards needed for increasing income or attacking the tower? There are none.

There is simply not enough strategy or depth to this game to make it really interesting. Its just luck of the draw. It's sad because the idea is cool and the multiple routes to victory has potential.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

It might work if discard was your entire hand.
That would create a dilemma between holding out on bad cards to play your good expensive ones or just trashing the lot in the hope of finding something more useful.

Either that or rig the random cards delt so each player always has an income generator, a tower builder and an attack card.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

First paid app I've deleted without completing first.