Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

View Poll Results: iPad 2 owners ONLY... will you upgrade to the New iPad?
Yes... i'm keeping my iPad 2 and will be getting the next one too! 3 10.71%
Yes... i'm trying to sell (or have already sold) my iPad 2 in anticipation! 3 10.71%
No... despite having the money, i'm happy with the iPad 2 and thus will skip this generation. 17 60.71%
Nope... short on funds, not interested/too lazy to try and sell my iPad 2. 5 17.86%
Other (post a reply!) 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Also very impressed with Fifa myself the only bad things I have to say about it is the camera makes the player a bit small for my liking in the be a pro mode...

On a plus point while it is the Fifa 11 engine it seems to be something of a hybrid with quite a few elements of 12 added and it's a game with huge replay value and online play.
Yup, I mentioned 'elements of FIFA 12' in another thread... you can jockey with (L) and close 1st + 2nd defenders with (x) & (square).... highly impressive game. I didn't know about the price difference on PSN tho :O

btw, did you use the zoom function for cameras? It doesn't make a huge difference but does increase player size somewhat...
Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post
Yup, I mentioned 'elements of FIFA 12' in another thread... you can jockey with (L) and close 1st + 2nd defenders with (x) & (square).... highly impressive game. I didn't know about the price difference on PSN tho :O

btw, did you use the zoom function for cameras? It doesn't make a huge difference but does increase player size somewhat...
Yeah do have the zoom on all the way I think part of the problem is I've been playing Fifa 12 on PSP before I got the Vita and the size of the players there really makes you feel you are in the match while with the vita you feel a little more like a seagull watching. But of course every other aspect of the game is much better.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 AM
iPad mini

I just fired up FIFA on the iPad today after probably 2 months, and can't seem to enjoy the extremely zoomed out view on the Vita anymore. Of course the controls and animations are fantastic, but even on the maximum zoom level the players all seem so tiny...
Old 03-13-2012, 10:17 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I would really like to upgrade, but can't justify it. Only thing that is kind of pushing me toward upgrading anyway, though, is that next year I want to upgrade my iPhone, so it would be nice to have these upgrades on alternating years. Still, it's a lot of money, especially since I want a 64 GB LTE model.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

There is certainly adjustment needed for the smaller player size. Perhaps on that basis it isn't for 'every' FIFA fan, but I love it. I've admittedly been unsure about font & graphic sizes in other games... the scoreboards are tiny in Motostorm RC! I think they were equally tiny in Stardust. Perhaps these are things that'll improve in future iterations....
Old 03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
I just fired up FIFA on the iPad today after probably 2 months, and can't seem to enjoy the extremely zoomed out view on the Vita anymore. Of course the controls and animations are fantastic, but even on the maximum zoom level the players all seem so tiny...
Only bothers me on the be a pro mode which isn't even an option on IOS funny enough I'm just used to the feeling of being on the Pitch on that mode I'm sure I'll adjust in time.

Saying that though I wouldn't be suprised if EA add a few more camera options in a patch.

edit: just loaded up Fifa 12 on IOS to refresh my memory it's amazing how cartoonish it looks to me now, doesn't look terrible but it's especially apparant how much detail is missing on the close ups.

Last edited by Teknikal; 03-13-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I have a simple rule when it comes to Apple "middle of the road" upgrades:

If you have to turn it on to tell theres a difference, don't buy it, wait for the next model up.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:29 PM

I think i will keep my ipad 2 and wait for the ipad 4 coming next year(apple will make a new ipad im sure) lack of storage, come on 64gb isnt enough. where is the 120+gb models ? wheres my A6 quad core cpu? wheres my 1gb+ ram? Wheres my 12+ megapixel front and rear faceing cameras? Sure the retina display and a new gpu to run it is nice...but nothing more? Come on Apple, lets keep up with the times with the rest of the hardware comeing. You snooze you lose..(flashback, *cough Macintosh)
Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
I changed from tele cam to dynamic, which has made a big difference for me, albeit at the loss of more pitch view. I rely more on the radar now to pick passes etc.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthclaw View Post
wheres my 1gb+ ram? Wheres my 12+ megapixel front and rear faceing cameras? Sure the retina display and a new gpu to run it is nice...but nothing more? Come on Apple, lets keep up with the times with the rest of the hardware comeing. You snooze you lose..(flashback, *cough Macintosh)
I thought the new iPad does have 1gig of RAM? 12+ megapixel front&rear cameras... really?? I think the 4S camera they've incorporated is more than enough. If you're serious about photography you'll buy a DSLR, not use an iPad. While Apple's rhetoric bores me to death, it's hard to argue they aren't still ahead of the competition. The new iPad has predictable upgrades over its predecessor, nothing 'amazing', like they'd have you believe. However, a worthy incremental upgrade imo

I'm sticking with my iPad 2, as I bought it to last me at least 2 years, rather than 10months.