Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Default Froggle (by Michel Courtine) - stunning 3rd person endless runner - coming soon

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

From TAs own frontpage, by Jared:
Quote:
One of my favorite things about GDC is how really interesting games can sometimes pop up out of the woodwork. Such is the case with Froggle, a new endless high score game from developer Michel Courtine. Froggle is an endless running game where you play as a frog hopping along a string of lily pads for as long as you can.

The level design and landscapes are procedurally generated each time you play, and there is a mission structure similar to Jetpack Joyride that ensures you've always got something to shoot for. You collect "glow bugs" on your journey which can then be spent in an in-game store on power-ups, new frog types, and possibly some other fun stuff. Check out the trailer, which features fantastic music but unfortunately it isn't actual in-game soundtrack, but fits the game incredibly well.

Other gameplay features include 3 different "vehicles" to ride: a flying beetle, a seagull, and even an actual jetpack for your frog. Also, a combo meter builds up the more lily pads you can jump on in a row, and if you get to at least a 6X multiplier you enter "Jesus mode" which lets you run on the surface of the water temporarily. Otherwise, dropping into the water requires a furious bout of tapping in order to paddle your way to the next available lily pad. If you aren't quick enough, the game ends.

Froggle is still "a few months out" according to the developer as some things like the controls are finalized and the game is balanced and tweaked to perfection. I immediately liked the look of Froggle, which is inspired by origami, and enjoyed my brief demo with this early version. We'll follow up with the game as development progresses.
Completely agree with Jared about the soundtrack. Other than that, instant-buy when it comes out, and i hope it runs fine on an iPhone 4

Last edited by TheFrost; 03-11-2012 at 08:30 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 02:20 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Instabuy Looks like something different! But the video didn't show how do you die? HOW DO YOU DIE actually?!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:42 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Instabuy Looks like something different! But the video didn't show how do you die? HOW DO YOU DIE actually?!
"Also, a combo meter builds up the more lily pads you can jump on in a row, and if you get to at least a 6X multiplier you enter "Jesus mode" which lets you run on the surface of the water temporarily. Otherwise, dropping into the water requires a furious bout of tapping in order to paddle your way to the next available lily pad. If you aren't quick enough, the game ends."

Drowning, it seems, if you fail to make it to the next lily pad.

Given the production values of the game, I'm hopeful it will offer more than the usual "die and you're done" style of game, like a story mode or checkpoints or lives. Very impressive stuff, artistically.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Given the production values of the game, I'm hopeful it will offer more than the usual "die and you're done" style of game, like a story mode or checkpoints or lives. Very impressive stuff, artistically.
It seems to be a high score game, being endless in it nature, so it probably be a "just one more game", otherwise known as addictive
Old 03-13-2012, 04:29 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Watched the video like 100 times already... surprised isnt getting more attention
Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 PM
iPhone 4

I'm loving the look of this game. I can't wait for this one.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This game had me at runner.

After watching the video im sure this has some pretty good innovations to the topdown runner genre. Absolutely amazing on what i see on the video.

Have my sights on this title.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM

WOW! Beautiful.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Anyone got any news on this game? (searched and got nothing) Months passed and nothing yet, which is a shame as it looks gorgeous... I WANT THIS NOW
Old 07-03-2012, 07:39 AM
iPhone 4

Yes this game is looking excellent. Looking forward to it!