Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Can't wait for Season 2, though I hear it'll be coming near the end of this year? :/
The Walking Dead is definitely my one of my fave shows of late. Simply brilliant.

Season 2 was scheduled for the end of October (Halloween), but this was changed and it's now coming in... June. Much earlier than expected, due to high demand.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
If you have read any other comics --especially those which are considered essential, such as The Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, etc.-- the pacing of The Walking Dead and Invincible are both completely terrible. Kirkman spends pages upon pages drawing out things which would normally take one page, and his "characterization" is just a bunch of shitty paragraph-long monologues that feel out of place and awkward.

He's terrible. He has good ideas but he needs an editor badly.

**this is after reading 60 issues of Invincible, by the way.
Sorry you feel that way SM, but I stand by what I said. You may hate his writing style and pacing, which BTW, if you do, why did it take you 60 issues of Invincible to realize that?

I don't know, I like the his style of writing. His style, to me seems more like stream-of-consciousness than an overly thought out and deliberate comic-style writing and pacing, which can come off as chaotic and confusing at times, but it keeps me on my toes while reading.

Also, I'm pretty OCD, so maybe that's why I like dwelling on the small details as Kirkman does
Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

In my opinion, TWD has the most believable characters as real life people with real life issues, not sensationalized hero issues. It just makes the characters a lot more relatable... Maybe it's just me.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrel View Post
In my opinion, TWD has the most believable characters as real life people with real life issues, not sensationalized hero issues. It just makes the characters a lot more relatable... Maybe it's just me.
I agree - they are not heroes; they are merely survivors trying to remain alive as best as they can. The TWD shows humans behaving like humans, with realistic human emotions - it's what separates the survivors from the zombies. And what makes the show and the characters believable and so damned watchable.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 AM
iPad mini

So... impressions on the Season Premiere? Spoilers ahoy!

I personally thought the pacing was a bit slow... couldn't care less if they find Sophia or not.

I'm not sure where they're trying to go with Laurie Holden's character (Andrea) but it looks like she'll be hooking up with Shane pretty fast. Can't wait for the tension to break when Rick finds out about his wife's affair as well... i wonder how he'll take it.

T-Dog's accidental arm-slice was pretty idiotic, besides being annoying to watch. How do you split your arm open so easily?

Overall, i'd give the opener a 7.5/10... hope they add more interesting side-stories in the coming episodes.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:32 PM

I cant believe they skipped over a pretty big moment in Shanes storyline. I know they are doing it there way but I figured they would keep that. I also dont know why (like you said) Andrea is being done this way. I understand being upset about your sister but they never spun this suicidal/crazy streak on her.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I prefer the comic's storyline to the television series, and wished they had followed it. It's still a fun show to watch though.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:55 PM
iPad mini

Anyone see Ep 12?

This season's slow pace has officially been REDEEMED! Absolutely insane, one of the best episodes i've seen on any television show ever... wow, just WOW!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM

the slow pace was only in the first half of the season. Somehow in the second they found the perfect balance between, tension, action, character development and story. Im not sure how it changed so much but the last few episodes have been fantastic.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
the slow pace was only in the first half of the season. Somehow in the second they found the perfect balance between, tension, action, character development and story. Im not sure how it changed so much but the last few episodes have been fantastic.
Between chasing after Sylvia and Carl being shot at and recovering over multiple episodes, the excitement and greatness of the first season was nowhere to be found. I think the producers got the hint and kicked it up several notches.

Hell, i would have been MORE than content if last week's episode was the season finale... my jaw was on the floor! Looking forward to perhaps a couple of other intresrlting twists for next week's finale nevertheless.