Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-13-2012, 11:07 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Puzzle Bebop (by Binary Square) [Universal]

The winningly retro-styled falling block puzzle from Dan Bliss/Binary Square has been released in the US.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I find it very difficult to say no to these sorts of puzzlers at this price and being universal. Those controls in the video though seem like a recipe for disaster when the player is put under pressure. I could be wrong though, and may still pick this up.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Actually the controls are not bad at all. In fact, probably about as good as this sort of controls could be. Which is to say the devs did a great job technically, but that doesn't mean there aren't still odd times when you'll do something you didn't mean to due to inherent limitations. Overall though, the controls are not an issue - at least no more so than in most games of this type on a touch screen, and in fact probably mostly less.

The game itself is...alright. There's nothing particularly exciting or innovative here, and to be honest on my very first playthrough I got a little bored. But it's solid enough. One option I wish existed would be to turn off the CRT lines effect. It's cute enough, but on the iPad especially becomes a bit tiring on the eyes after a little while.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 PM

Default Game Impressions

I love Puyo Pop, Tetris, & Dr. Mario and this game💩with the new circle drawing thing (as long as I draw BIG circles) gives me so much control has them all beat hands down!!