iPad Chaos Rings II - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    If this is 19 dollars, how much is the iPad version? I'm almost starting to feel like I got a bargain with FFT iPad

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    My question: How much space is needed to download this? If the impressions are good, I'm going to try and make room.

Hopefully... HOPEFULLY someone can answer this later. the final Fantasy 13-2 reviews have me wanting this pretty badly.

3. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Is Chaos Rings II a sequel to Chaos Rings, while Chaos Rings Omega was a prequel? Or am I mixing up the order somewhere?

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yes, I just checked, my fault, sorry. I confused it with other S/E titles.
    Well, we'll see when the first impressions are rolling in.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Why this? Sorry, didn't read the reviews.

6. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    It's supposed to be a sequel. And, yeah, Omega was the prequel.

7. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    #27 Simon Potticary, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    WOWSER! This looks gorgeous. Been waiting for this for ages and ages. Must-buy. Chaos Rings II, DoDonPachi Resurrection HD and Kung-Fu Rabbit are the day's standout titles for me.

[Edit]: Damn, forgot about Super Lemonade Factory and MotoHeroz. That makes five new additions so far...

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That's about right. More important, Chaos RingsOmega was essentially the same game (and the same engine) as CR, while CR2 seems to have improved graphics and gameplay.

9. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Square Enix is stepping out of their linear (overly repetitious) comfort zone, it seems. FF 13-2 seems to have what I've been waiting for from SE. TBH, I was starting to get bored. And the storylines weren't a huge selling point, especially if you compare them to the interactive WRPGs.

This quote from Joystiq sums up how I feel/felt.
    The game doesn't appear to super open, but it's more open. That's enough for me.

10. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Looks great, thanks for the video! :D

11. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Are people just ignoring the fact that media vision developed the game? Lol. I have always felt that bioware RPGs aside, WRPGs generally have rather basic overarching plots and poor character development. What they do have are well realized worlds that are rich with lore and details.

With predefined character backgrounds and linear plots... JRPGs are generally able to deliver well paced and layered/complex plots with really good character developments.

Linearity is not always a bad thing! It can provide a real sense of progression that I feel have been lacking in recent open world WRPGs a.k.a massively single player offline RPGs.

12. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Fu new zealand i want to live there now

13. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #34 GoofyJmaster., Mar 14, 2012
    No, I wasn't ignoring who the developer is. But, I/we don't know how much of a hand SE had in its development. It also falls into the type of gameplay style that SE is known for.

Neither the Joystiq nor I were arguing JRPG vs. WRPG. What we're arguing/comeenting on is the annoying repetition and lack luster-ness that has plagued SE. Obviously, this is a matter of opinion.

If i whole-heartedly had a problem with linearity, I wouldn't consider the game at all nor would i have bought so many J/K RPGs on iOS.

Well paced and complex is your opinion because I think Bioware delivers these things tremendously. I also like the fact that I feel like i'm actually role playing more than anything. The role playing part was in more regards to non-Bioware games. A game like Fable may not have the best storyline in the world but doing everything is -- how do I say this -- hella fun and quite immersive!

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #35 Vovin, Mar 14, 2012
    Did you guys (and gals, of course) notice the Four Horsemen in the first picture of Sanuku's video?
    I wonder which role they are playing? Final bosses? Or maybe... as far as I know S/E, are
    the people you need to sacrifice some kind of "reincarnations" of the Horsemen? Or sacrifices for them? In the AppStore description, they speak of 5 sacrifices...
    Damn, I wanna play this!

:)

15. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #36 violentv, Mar 14, 2012
    I am pretty sure I explicitly mentioned that Bioware games were different lol. But you are right about role playing experiences in WRPGs. In my opinion however, more than delivering authentic role playing experiences, (prior to ff13!) Final Fantasy games have always excelled at cinematic story telling.

I must admit that I am not aware of what what Joystiq and you have been discussing ! I merely saw what you posted while browsing the forums on my ipad and posted on a whim.

16. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Lol! Yeah, I forgot you said Bioware because i was multitasking - which screws up my train of thought. That's why the end is kind of funky and I said non-Bioware titles. I was just being lazy.

It may just be a case of being tired of something.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for CRII. The fact that I'm actually considering freeing up space definitely shows that.

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I would guess it could be possible...

You are kidding me? HD Version for the Win!

You are Welcome :D

Hehe :D

Follow the Money...

Sidenote:

iOS/Android Games are as Cheap as Hell...

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    THIS. I have saved quite a lot on games since I dont buy games for the PC or the PSP anymore, and I sold my PS and PS2 already. Im getting a Vita soon though.

But since I focused on iOS gaming, I felt richer. LOL.

19. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    @Sanuku

How much space did you have on your iPod before installing this? I want to know if I can download it with less than 1.5 gigs.