Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default New Joinees shilling on threads

I have recently noticed a lot of new joinees who:

1. Copy and paste the ending portions of last person's post:

2. Generally shill about a game. At times I see this happening for a lot of decent looking games, but when I see 3-4 posts from new joinees appreciating a game, I become cautious.

3. Post random stuff

What's with that?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

They're generally spammers. Just flag 'em (saying why, like cut&paste spammer) and let the mods do their work. You only need to flag one of a person's posts to alert the "authorities" that their entire body of work needs to be examined. So just click on little triangle in the upper right-hand corner of a post next time you see one of these posting stuff like that. If it needs to be dealt with, it will be.

Last edited by dclose; 03-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: Added descriptive modifier ("generally")
Old 03-13-2012, 10:19 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Yeah I know, They're generally spammers. Just flag 'em (saying why, like cut&paste spammer) and let the mods do their work. You only need to flag one of a person's posts to alert the "authorities" that their entire body of work needs to be examined. So just click on little triangle in the upper right-hand corner of a post next time you see one of these posting stuff like that. If it needs to be dealt with, it will be.

Just Kidding, I also dislike this and think we should try to stop it.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:35 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIMALCHOPPINGS View Post
Yeah I know, They're generally spammers. Just flag 'em (saying why, like cut&paste spammer) and let the mods do their work. You only need to flag one of a person's posts to alert the "authorities" that their entire body of work needs to be examined. So just click on little triangle in the upper right-hand corner of a post next time you see one of these posting stuff like that. If it needs to be dealt with, it will be.

Hey, you do not kid with someone who's just learnt how to flag posts :P

I almost flagged yours in over-enthusiasm to get TA rid of all scum spammers

Thanks dclose. Awesome edit clarification too. Grammar FTW
Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIMALCHOPPINGS View Post

You forgot to add the quote box with the embedded invisible attachment. I think I can safely speak for all of us, we are trying to stop it! It does help when you guys point them out since we don't visit every thread and some of them are subtle. So it is all a team effort. Thanks.