• Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: My journey is everything - Goat

Featured as "Game Of The Week" on AppAdvice

* APPTUDES.COM - "A Sublime Endless iOS Experience"

* THEIPHONEAPPREVIEW.COM - "Its more an example of apps as art than anything weve seen before"

* APPADVICE.COM - "This is an extraordinary game with a unique and beautiful design"

* APPCROC.COM - "It`s definitely like one of those dreams which you wish never ended"

RELAXING ART GAME
Get ready to lose yourself inside surreal, psychedelic worlds and experience a relaxing atmosphere that is created with fantastic music, original gameplay and gorgeous artwork that youve never seen before.

STORY
Every time Goat goes to sleep it sees beautiful dreams. But be careful - it is only a dream and you can wake up at any moment.

NICE TO MEET YOU, IM GOAT
This is a very unusual goat. It can jump through the air, travel between dreams on Super Whale and enjoys every moment of its journey. Also it likes to be filmed on camera and eat candy.

ITS HAPPY
Enemies, obstacles? No, thanks.
Love, peace, happiness? Yes, please.

ITS SIMPLE
To play, you just tap anywhere on the screen to make Goat jump as high as you want.

ITS INDIE
Original ideas, creativity, artistic experimentation and more.

FEATURES

* SEVEN dream worlds

* SEVEN additional Super Levels with Super Whale

* NINE gorgeous soundtracks that will blow you away

* DYNAMIC MELODY that you create by playing

* UNIQUE, STYLISH dreams with different atmosphere and art

* TWO GAME MODES
1) Sun for challenging players
2) Zen for total relaxation

* GOATs THOUGHTS

* ENCODED MESSAGES in robo-dream

=========
CONTACTS
http://facebook.com/DreamyGoat
http://twitter.com/DreamyGoat
dreamygoat(bark-bark)gmail.com

=========
HOW TO PLAY IN SUN MODE
The Sun indicator will increase if you don`t touch anything. There are 3 kinds of objects you can touch: creatures, barriers and bonuses. Creatures influence the Sun the most, barriers less and bonuses the least. So, when you see a creature in Sun mode - make sure you jump on it :)

Echoseven's comments:

03-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur.lysenko View Post
If you judge about collision detection from "Gameplay videos" (Red and Green Dream) - you should not. It is my 4 year old sister plays it. I am sure you can do better
I was just going on the video above in the first post of this thread.
03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
I made a couple of music tracks for this game and I must admitt. It was quite a pleasant experience. Because this game has a bit unusual and peculiar style.

Hope it will be well received )

P.S. My humble music (http://soundcloud.com/yokky_music) ^)

Last edited by Yokky; 03-14-2012 at 02:57 PM.

03-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Game Impressions

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-14-2012 at 05:00 PM.
03-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Game Impressions

Sanuku, I looked at your captured HD gameplay trailer - game runs not smoothly at all - it runs about 30 FPS per second and does not represent real in-game experience (60 fps).

Actual gameplay is MUCH better. Do you agree with me?

Last edited by arthur.lysenko; 03-14-2012 at 04:50 PM.
03-14-2012, 04:11 PM
@sanuku You were jumping around a lot. You know if you position the goat appropriately, he'll bounce of of things!? You'd actually be able to bounce of of the objects and collect pickups. It seemed as if you were scared to touch things. The whole point of the game is to touch things.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
03-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur.lysenko View Post
Sanuku, I looked at your captured HD gameplay trailer - game runs not smoothly at all - it runs about 30 FPS per second and does not represent real in-game experience (60 fps).

Actual gameplay is MUCH better. Do you agree with me?
Yes you are right. I did record it a second Time and this Time the Recording was a lot smoother. I did switched the Gameplay Trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
@sanuku You were jumping around a lot. You know if you position the goat appropriately, he'll bounce of of things!? You'd actually be able to bounce of of the objects and collect pickups. It seemed as if you were scared to touch things. The whole point of the game is to touch things.
Yeah I saw that during the second Run. You have to jump the right Moment and then he will jump on his own. Thanks for the Hint.
03-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Yeah I saw that during the second Run. You have to jump the right Moment and then he will jump on his own. Thanks for the Hint.
No problem!

I actually died about a million times when I first played. I instinctively pressed the middle of the screen which took me to a later level. I actually emailed Arthur and told him I just couldn't do it. He then explained everything, and I fell in love with the game. The later levels can still be a B sometimes if you don't time jumps correctly.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 03-14-2012 at 07:25 PM.
03-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
No problem!
I actually died about a million times when I first played.
Well, you are not alone who died so often in this level during beta testing That's why I adjusted the difficulty of all levels for App Store version - simply made them better and more balanced.
03-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Magical game ! Great surreal atmosphere. Really uncommon.

Last edited by Ch.B.; 03-14-2012 at 07:24 PM.
03-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Great, relaxing game! Congrats on the release

Sean Beeson | Composer for Media
www.seanbeeson.com