★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Ok i played Shinobi Zin for 10 levels.

The game is actually pretty good. The controls are ok, but sometimes im having trouble between stopping or crawling, since they are both triggered by tapping. My finger is almost always on top of Zin, so tapping to stop sometimes puts him to crawl position. LOL. Im sure eventually i'll get the hang of it though.

Graphics are really good, and the sound and music are nice as well.

So far the only thing i find annoying is the auto-zoom. I ALWAYS want to see farther so i could trace paths farther, and I could plan out timings easily as well. Crawling and standing have their own fixed zoomed levels so that part is annoying.

Also, I wish they start the time only on touch. I was also thinking that EVERYTHING SHOULD BE ON PAUSE until you've started moving. Thing is, the leaderboards is pretty much the whole point of replaying the stages. And right now, some of the hazards are in random position everytime you start which makes for some great luck requirement to get to the goal faster.

I've been replaying stages and replaying them constantly so that the first hazard is virtually ignored because it is currently safe on a starting speed swipe.

Now if the hazard all start at the same time, the leaderboards would make a much fairer deal.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Im sure you wont get answers for that this early. Also, IAP necessity is kinda highly unlikely for games like this.
Thanks, but the dev's posting here; he could say. From Sanuku's video, looks like there's a lot to spend $$ on. Also, crawl does not have an e on the end! Hopefully the grammar and spelling mistakes will be cleaned up in a future release? I'm surprised none of the playtesters caught that.