★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

03-16-2012, 11:36 PM
This is looking to be a good year. I'd fallen off of the train for a while, back to the traditional handhelds. Glad to see progress is happening and this will hopefully blow me away.
07-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Miranda View Post
@Nuke77 - Yes, The Shadow Sun will be released this year. Just ignore comments that claim the game is vaporware. As I mentioned on our Ossian forums, we’ll be releasing some screenshots soon, which should put your mind at ease about the status of the game.
Four months later...

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo

07-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
Four months later...
I just checked posts by "Alan Miranda" on the Ossian Studios forum thread for TSS and it seems he is sort of active on there. However, his posts are so irrelevent and provide people on that forum with no real info on what's happening to the actual game.

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
07-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
Four months later...
Lol.

This game kinda reminds me of forgotten memories and that manacraft game... Dunno why
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemen View Post
Lol.

This game kinda reminds me of forgotten memories and that manacraft game... Dunno why
Or *gulp* Reaper or Legion of Amon.

Maybe I should resurrect my old "The Forgotten Games" thread.
07-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
I just checked posts by "Alan Miranda" on the Ossian Studios forum thread for TSS and it seems he is sort of active on there. However, his posts are so irrelevent and provide people on that forum with no real info on what's happening to the actual game.
We're pretty close to entering beta. The critical path and all sidequests are fully playable. Some elements of the GUI are still being finalised and Alan is still busy managing the sound pipeline and what remains of the art pipeline (very little at this point). I expect screenshots will be coming as soon as we have the final GUI art. The game will absolutely be released this year.

FYI, I rented Max Payne 3 last week. I played for an hour - and then became so engrossed with TSS that I didn't touch it again until I returned it to the store.

I guess that means Ossian makes better games than Rockstar.

www.lukescull.com

Follow me on Twitter @Luke_Scull
07-03-2012, 07:39 AM
this Year? well i (try) to believe you

better then Rockstars Max Payne ? now i need new underwear

go on! dont forget us every little update makes us very happy!
07-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alazander View Post
We're pretty close to entering beta. The critical path and all sidequests are fully playable. Some elements of the GUI are still being finalised and Alan is still busy managing the sound pipeline and what remains of the art pipeline (very little at this point). I expect screenshots will be coming as soon as we have the final GUI art. The game will absolutely be released this year.

FYI, I rented Max Payne 3 last week. I played for an hour - and then became so engrossed with TSS that I didn't touch it again until I returned it to the store.

Awesome!! I'm really happy to hear that development is coming along so well too!! I can't freakin' wait to MASH the buy button on this game!! :-D
07-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:

That's awesome! I think we all know that deep down, TSS is gonna be amazing! However, it is taking a little long :P I'm anxiously waiting for it to release.
07-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:

Do you need any help with beta testing?