• Publisher: SquidJuice
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 101.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Buck Rogers returns in his biggest adventure yet!

- Classic arcade action!
- Lots of levels to blast your way through
- Fly in Buck's ship, his jetpack, or his original WW1 plane!
- Get exciting powerups and use special powers such as the flamethrower!
- Fly through space, Earth, and alien planets
- Fight huge bosses

Note: As with many high-resolution games on iOS, we recommend iPhone 4/4S or iPad 2/3 only. If you have a previous generation device (such as iPhone 3GS or iPad 1), please make sure you have no other apps running and that you restart your device to ensure you have enough free memory.

Buck Rogers is a registered trademark owned by the Dille Family Trust and used under license from the "Trust". Copyright 2012 The Dille Family Trust All Rights Reserved. Licensed by the Licensing Works .
03-17-2012, 09:27 AM
TOFTT I guess.

Of course that is if I get to post impressions before Sanuku posts a video.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

03-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Just downloaded. Give me a few mins
03-17-2012, 09:37 AM
'great'. Kept crashing out instantly. Reset my iPod but sill the same. Think it's the iPod 64 gig issue. Seen this happen a lot with my iPod, memory issue apparently

Can now get to the menu but crashes. Arrrrgh. Wish companies would test it on different sized iPods/iPads

Oh well only 69p wasted

For anyone with an ipod/phone 32 gig or less I'm sure you'll be fine
03-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
'great'. Kept crashing out instantly. Reset my iPod but sill the same. Think it's the iPod 64 gig issue. Seen this happen a lot with my iPod, memory issue apparently

Can now get to the menu but crashes. Arrrrgh. Wish companies would test it on different sized iPods/iPads

Oh well only 69p wasted

For anyone with an ipod/phone 32 gig or less I'm sure you'll be fine
Crap. :/ 6 mins left for my download and I guess I'll post some impressions. The problem is, seriously...those screenshots don't tell you squat about the game. I've never played a Buck Rogers video game before and I don't know whether this is some sort of endless runner, or a side scrolling shmup of sorts or....ehhh, screw it...just a couple of mins left.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah thought I would gamble and get this. The app description isn't great, hope the controls are okay. Just installed this on my iPad instead

Hmmmm! Touch controls but not relative which is a pain. Touch the right hand side to shoot. Level 1 you can hardly see your bullets as they're using a 'black and white old film' effect. The level was boring with basic enemy patterns and no great power ups or that. In between levels there's a small cartoon style story. Level 2 was much the same, different 'ship' but similar enemy patterns but this time with exploding mined

Deleting already. Disappointing as Buck Rogers is a great famous name and had some decent games in the past and in the arcade. At least it was 69p. But very disappointing.
03-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Yeah thought I would gamble and get this. The app description isn't great, hope the controls are okay. Just installed this on my iPad instead

Hmmmm! Touch controls but not relative which is a pain. Touch the right hand side to shoot. Level 1 you can hardly see your bullets as they're using a 'black and white old film' effect. The level was boring with basic enemy patterns and no great power ups or that. In between levels there's a small cartoon style story. Level 2 was much the same, different 'ship' but similar enemy patterns but this time with exploding mined

Deleting already. Disappointing as Buck Rogers is a great famous name and had some decent games in the past and in the arcade. At least it was 69p. But very disappointing.
Nothing for me to add. Everything's covered here, including the part about deleting the game. Huge disappointment.

03-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Looks like you two did take one for the team. Thanks for the impressions. Skipping this one.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-17-2012, 10:22 AM
The good: Epic music, tilt-screen
The baad: Anything else !
16 missions plus 4 bosses (rofl) Every mission is the same. It's already to easy
without relative controls. Played ten missions in half an hour...deleted...
Def not worth of any space on your device !
03-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
The good: Epic music, tilt-screen
For more music by DownAngle, composers for Buck Rogers Begins: Mission to Saturn, visit: http://soundcloud.com/downangle