Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Default Crazy Horses iOS Universal App

Hi all!

Crazy Horses iOS was developed by Nice Touch Games, started last year by (me) designer Richard Bunn and coder Dave Green. We're both ex-Sony London developers, and I'm formerly of EA/Criterion where I helped design Black and Burnout Paradise. We're really passionate about making fun games for mobile that have that extra "nice touch".

The Smartphone App Review 92%
"...as good a game as titles like Angry Birds and Flight Control, maybe even better than them."

Crazy Horses features fun levels filled with out-of-control ponies who like nothing more than to stray into the paths of twisters and trains, or touch their little pink tongues to electric fences. Draw lassoes to create herds and then draw paths to skillfully guide the Crazy Horses back to the corral without being splattered, zapped or whisked away!

With race-the-clock and endless modes for every level, this game has hours of replay value, plus Game Center achievements to collect and leaderboards to climb! These horses are a danger to themselves, so grab your lasso and round 'em up to save their cute little hides!

Crazy Horses… join the herd!

You can find the universal app on iTunes here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazy-horses/id503724967?mt=8&affId=1986629&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Youtube link | Pop Up

We're passionate about games and love talking with anyone who is a passionate gamer too so don't be scared to drop us a line!

Rich B
Creative Director
Nice Touch Games

Last edited by NiceRich; 03-16-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 12:43 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Old 03-16-2012, 03:10 PM

Thanks for posting the extra info dclose!

Let us know what you think of the game after you've had a play.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 PM

Missed your freebies going on the other thread ... downloaded it anyway as my daughter loves horses. Only got through the first few levels and its looking good
Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 AM

Thanks JB_UK - glad to hear you're enjoying it! We'd had a lot of similar comments from parents who say their kid loves the game - hopefully it's not too tough for your daughter!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

This game crashes after the menu selection scene on my iPod Touch 4th gen, running iOS 5.1. I haven't been able to get it to run at all.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:56 AM

Sorry to hear that dclose - we haven't had any other reports of this happening, but we're looking into it now. Have you tried restarting your device and retrying the game?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:20 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

-Does the game track highscores or is the money earned just something to buy access to later levels and upgrades?

-Are each level's stats tracked individually or is there simply some combined highscore?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceRich View Post
Have you tried restarting your device and retrying the game?
Yes. I finally restarted it cold (home and on buttons, not just on-slide to close), and when it came back up I was able to run the game. However, it crashed again when trying to access the ? from the pause menu.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
-Does the game track highscores or is the money earned just something to buy access to later levels and upgrades?

-Are each level's stats tracked individually or is there simply some combined highscore?
Thanks for your questions.

Crazy Horses has two game modes for every level - Race the Clock and Endless. Apple has a limit of 25 Game Center leaderboards per-title, so we couldn't have leaderboards for every level and still use Game Center. What we do is track the total $ you have earned in each mode and have leaderboards just for those totals.

The money is just used as your score - no buying in-game upgrades. You have to get a certain dollar-score in a level to move on to the next one. We have talked about adding a shop and letting you buy upgrades and bonuses. There's a possibility this will appear in a future update...