App description: Its Flight Control But Not As You Know It!

This app offers in-app purchases. You may disable in-app purchasing using your device settings. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213 for more info

Flight Control Rocket is the next evolution of Firemint's genre-defining #1 hit, Flight Control.
Leave the terrestrial skies of Earth and venture into a whole new galaxy of adventure, action, and addictive path-drawing gameplay!

NEW VOYAGES AWAIT
10 new Motherships!
New Rescue game mode!
4 new Bots!

Simple Game, Stellar Content
The classic Flight Control experience but with a retro Sci-Fi inspired flavor and pace all of its own
15 spacecraft with unique abilities and characteristics
Thrilling game modes such as the fast-paced Infinity and the expansive Odyssey
A cast of quirky Robots with special powers that help boost your score

Unlimited Fun
Unlock a near endless number of stages. Push onward and venture to the farthest frontiers
Multiple lives means one collision isn't the end of your daring ion-powered adventure. The galaxy loves a risk-taker
Keep your fleet fully stocked with goodies from the Shop
Compete with the galaxys top captains on the online leaderboards
Prove your worth as a commander and claim Game Center achievements that will test your mettle and that of your Mothership!

Prepare to be amazed your trip through the vast unknown is about to begin!

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving and analytics technology (See Privacy & Cookie Policy for details).

Sanuku's comments:

03-16-2012, 06:31 AM
A high-score table that encourages players to pay money in order to achieve those high scores is entirely pointless. This alone renders this game pointless to me. I don't want to compete against some guy who can beat my score just by dropping some IAP dollars in order to do so.

Sorry Firemint - you were once innovative and great but now you're just another money-grabbing faceless corporation - my money's going elsewhere.

Jamie.
03-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
A high-score table that encourages players to pay money in order to achieve those high scores is entirely pointless. This alone renders this game pointless to me. I don't want to compete against some guy who can beat my score just by dropping some IAP dollars in order to do so.

Sorry Firemint - you were once innovative and great but now you're just another money-grabbing faceless corporation - my money's going elsewhere.

Jamie.
Agreed. I notice that all this seems to be happening since they were acquired by EA. Sad face.

03-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:

Jamie.
I completely agree as well but luckily I never really care about leaderboards in general. I'm always just trying to beat my own personal best scores which is more fun TO ME. It is so sad though to see a highly respected dev move to this route and lose so many loyal fans. It's so unneccesary on their part...

Now playing: Working my way through the best retro games recently re-relased including Sonic, Raiden Legacy, Blazing Star and more. Keep them coming! And revisiting all Orange Pixel titles...
03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:

Jamie.
I'd blame EA a lot more...

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
03-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
I'd blame EA a lot more...
I totally blame EA, I seriously doubt that a developer like Firemint would want to put IAPs into a very high quality game that does not need them. This game may as well be free to play now.
03-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macthedog11 View Post
I totally blame EA, I seriously doubt that a developer like Firemint would want to put IAPs into a very high quality game that does not need them. This game may as well be free to play now.
This game SHOULD BE free considering all the IAPs. I recon it will go free soon.
Funny thing is that there were 2 front page articles reviewing the game. Both complaining about IAP bullshit.
Firemint has proven that it is EA's bitch, so I will be very careful about getting their games in the future.
This game is actually a lot of fun, but all the IAP crap being shoved in your face creates really negative vibe.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
03-20-2012, 09:26 AM

FLIGHT CONTROL ROCKET
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
14/03/2012

Do you like this classic Flight Control experience with a retro Sci-Fi inspired flavor?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -