Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-16-2012, 06:31 AM

A high-score table that encourages players to pay money in order to achieve those high scores is entirely pointless. This alone renders this game pointless to me. I don't want to compete against some guy who can beat my score just by dropping some IAP dollars in order to do so.

Sorry Firemint - you were once innovative and great but now you're just another money-grabbing faceless corporation - my money's going elsewhere.

Jamie.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:53 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
A high-score table that encourages players to pay money in order to achieve those high scores is entirely pointless. This alone renders this game pointless to me. I don't want to compete against some guy who can beat my score just by dropping some IAP dollars in order to do so.

Sorry Firemint - you were once innovative and great but now you're just another money-grabbing faceless corporation - my money's going elsewhere.

Jamie.
Agreed. I notice that all this seems to be happening since they were acquired by EA. Sad face.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:04 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:

Jamie.
I completely agree as well but luckily I never really care about leaderboards in general. I'm always just trying to beat my own personal best scores which is more fun TO ME. It is so sad though to see a highly respected dev move to this route and lose so many loyal fans. It's so unneccesary on their part...
Old 03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:

Jamie.
I'd blame EA a lot more...
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
I'd blame EA a lot more...
I totally blame EA, I seriously doubt that a developer like Firemint would want to put IAPs into a very high quality game that does not need them. This game may as well be free to play now.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by macthedog11 View Post
I totally blame EA, I seriously doubt that a developer like Firemint would want to put IAPs into a very high quality game that does not need them. This game may as well be free to play now.
This game SHOULD BE free considering all the IAPs. I recon it will go free soon.
Funny thing is that there were 2 front page articles reviewing the game. Both complaining about IAP bullshit.
Firemint has proven that it is EA's bitch, so I will be very careful about getting their games in the future.
This game is actually a lot of fun, but all the IAP crap being shoved in your face creates really negative vibe.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

FLIGHT CONTROL ROCKET
is one of the nominees for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
14/03/2012

Do you like this classic Flight Control experience with a retro Sci-Fi inspired flavor?

VOTE HERE

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -