Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 AM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,110
Default World of Warcraft by Blizzard (maybe)

World of Warcraft, the actual game, may yet be adapted and made playable on iPhone, a determined Blizzard told Eurogamer.

All that's available currently is a World of Warcraft Mobile Armory app, which lets you view character sheets, use the Auction House and manage guilds.

Senior WOW producer John Lagrave, speaking to Eurogamer at Blizzard HQ last week, outlined the challenges involved.

"It's hard! This is hard!" Lagrave said, taking out something - an iPhone - from his pocket.

"Here's your platform, you've got to put an interface, what do you do? So yes we have [looked into mobile] and we always are. Maybe we'll stumble on the great way to put WOW on the phone - maybe we won't, but we're certainly looking into it."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ning-on-iphone
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
World of Warcraft, the actual game, may yet be adapted and made playable on iPhone, a determined Blizzard told Eurogamer.

All that's available currently is a World of Warcraft Mobile Armory app, which lets you view character sheets, use the Auction House and manage guilds.

Senior WOW producer John Lagrave, speaking to Eurogamer at Blizzard HQ last week, outlined the challenges involved.

"It's hard! This is hard!" Lagrave said, taking out something - an iPhone - from his pocket.

"Here's your platform, you've got to put an interface, what do you do? So yes we have [looked into mobile] and we always are. Maybe we'll stumble on the great way to put WOW on the phone - maybe we won't, but we're certainly looking into it."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ning-on-iphone


Lol, Tiny WoW?

And where to put the 184 spell / skill icons?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 AM
spajdr spajdr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Czech Republic, Ostrava
Posts: 438
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Default

Perfectly possible, at least for new Ipad.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,805
Default

For future reference: idle speculation goes in the "Game Discussion" section.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
For future reference: idle speculation goes in the "Game Discussion" section.
Really sorry about that, won't do that mistake again.
On topic, i guess they could do a better job on the ipad!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
EfratBarTal EfratBarTal is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tel-Aviv
Posts: 2,295
Default

not likely at the moment, but maybe in 3-4 years.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
squarezero squarezero is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Really sorry about that, won't do that mistake again.
On topic, i guess they could do a better job on the ipad!
Well, perhaps it's not idle speculation, after all. Blizzard's idea of what "WoW on the iPhone" would look like may not get too many folks around here excited, though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Varking Varking is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 481
Default

Make it levels 1-10 and only Battlegrounds of 5v5 or 10v10. Small battles so you don't need uber-phones to run it, and not too many skills to tackle. Order and Chaos Online made a million in a week and still does not have PvP battlegrounds in the game. If Blizzard did it you know it would be good and they would have the mobile-mmo community in their pocket. Make it 1.99 a month or something.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Varking Varking is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Well, perhaps it's not idle speculation, after all. Blizzard's idea of what "WoW on the iPhone" would look like may not get too many folks around here excited, though.
If it is fishing and crafting it is still a move in the right direction but there is no reason a company like Blizzard can not make WoW work on iOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRwaPxBz2jk

That is from a company I have never heard of, in Alpha, streaming WoW to your device with a custom user interface.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent