Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 AM

Default Pinball HD vs. Pinball Collection?

What's the difference between Pinball HD and Pinball Collection?

I'm really fed up right now. I bought the single iOS tables. I bought the HD variants for iPhone and iPad. I bought the tables again. I bought Slayer and ACDC and War Pinball. I bought them again for the single app. I also bought the tables for the pinball remote which disappeared and never reappeared with NO COMMENT made on this. I bought everything for the Mac. And now there's a new collection. I have to buy the tables again. This would be the 6th time (!!!), counting the Mac and Remote variants in. Is this some kind of joke?

And what's the difference between the old and the new collection app? Will the old one still get updates? Will new tables only show up in the new one?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
No differences! Both product lines supported and to be supported in future and all difference between them it's model of distribution. We released collection to make it more visible in AppStore using free to play model. You should not buy collection if you already own Pinball HD.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:38 AM

Default Gameprom is honest and trustworthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by svolskiy View Post
No differences!
But here’s what you said not very long ago. Including a bit from up above, in this very thread:

[Touch Arcade]

[Twitter]

[Twitter]

Quote:
Both product lines supported and to be supported in future and all difference between them it's model of distribution.
No bullshit: There’s a difference. If you want to purchase the tables from War Pinball yet again, you’ll have to go with Pinball HD Collection, because they’re not in Pinball HD.

Quote:
Both product lines supported and to be supported in future and all difference between them it's model of distribution. We released collection to make it more visible in AppStore using free to play model.
No bullshit: We wanted to dabble in “free to play”, because that’s where the money is, it seems. But instead of just making our paid app free, we’re going to add a second “exactly the same” version. This way, we’ll be able to trick people into buying for a second time (or third or fourth) tables that they already own.

Quote:
You should not buy collection if you already own Pinball HD.
No bullshit: But if you bought it under the assumption that we were going to make it universal, and soon, too bad sucker. We’ve already got your cash and we aren’t apologizing.

And hey, everybody complaining about our sudden and inexplicable change of policy, look over there. Squirrel!

Quote:
Apple listed Pinball HD as one of Top 25 paid apps for iPad all time!
And you’ll never be there again. So revel in the past performance and put your head in the sand about your current problems. Because even if people were still purchasing these tables with the same frequency that they were a year ago (doubtful because of the much better options that are available now), your chart position is hindered from here on out because people are purchasing different collections in your fragmented, confusing, redundant library of games. And then there are the people who might otherwise buy your wares but aren’t, due to your deceptive and dishonest “marketing” practices.

Or, like you said, “no differences!”
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 AM

To HerbertKornfeld:

So, what is your suggestion?

1. We should make Pinball HD for free?

2. We should make for free all tables in collection?

3. 1 & 2 and all new tables should be free in update?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Sorry. If we make universal Pinball HD, then Pinball HD for iPhone should be deprecated. We can't to do that - it's a lot of our fans.

Pinball HD Collection will be universal, very soon.
Rebought it just because of this comment. Really ridiculous for you to make this statement then just ignore it.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Options 2 and 3 are absurd. Option 1 would've been a good idea three months ago before introducing Pinball HD Collection. Sure, you'd have been giving away three tables rather than one, but you'd be consolidating all purchases into a single app, helping your App Store charting position.

Instead, you fragmented your market and made everything confusing. New customers won't know what to buy on first glance, and your best customers—those who supported you before you went “free to play”—were taken advantage of. You told them that your tables were worth re-purchasing because you were going to make this new version of the app universal. But a couple of days ago, you inexplicably added yet another version of your app, and seemingly reneged on your promise to make Pinball HD collection universal.

What's worse, you haven't even admitted yet that you've changed plans. I'd start by doing that. And if you're going to continue with your umpteen disparate versions, you should apologize to your fans for over-promising and under-delivering.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbertKornfeld View Post
What's worse, you haven't even admitted yet that you've changed plans. I'd start by doing that. And if you're going to continue with your umpteen disparate versions, you should apologize to your fans for over-promising and under-delivering.
I have better suggestion, some users already do this: if you own Pinball HD and purchased tables in collection, you can make refund, just send request in to Apple.

Be sure our goal increase visibility in AppStore for our new products and make happy fans of our old products.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Here’s what you could do to fix your current mess.

Simplenote went from a paid app to a free with in-app purchases app, and they didn’t leave their original customers behind. And they didn’t have to maintain multiple confusing versions of their app to do so. They detected when their customers were “early adopters” and they unlocked the features that they’d previously paid for. For all of the customers who got the app after it’d switched over to free, they had to pay for these same features.

You’ve said in the past that “it's technically impossible to identify user in different apps, because we are not collecting personal information about user.“ [source] Well, easy solution: start collecting information about your users. Explain to them that there’s a completely-voluntary totally-not-necessary login that you can create to consolidate all of your purchases into a single app. The app will detect your purchases and include this as part of your new Gameprom login.

Then, in whatever the preferred version of the app is, you’ll scan against this and unlock everybody’s purchases. Eventually, after maybe a year or so, you can finally get rid of all of the confusing duplicate apps and have everything represented in a single app.

Another way to implement this is by using URL Schemes. You could run canOpenURL against “fb156482651080872://” to see if Pinball HD is installed. If it is, unlock these three tables in Pinball HD Collection. You can add other URL Schemes to your other tables to unluck these as well. (I know that canOpenURL doesn’t check for just your specific app, it just detects any app that supports this scheme. Bad actors could duplicate this URL scheme to defraud you, but I’m guessing this won’t be worth worrying about.)

Apple could make this all easier, and I hope they do. But in the mean time, there are options.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:56 PM

Will wait solution from Apple.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:16 AM

Hello All!

Pinball HD and Pinball HD Collection update for iPad with support the New iPad.

Pinball game looks so cool on Retina Display. Enjoy!