Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-22-2012, 08:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
That so? Interesting. Would you (or anyone, as there seems to be quite many of you enjoying Swordigo) happen to know how many hours of jumping, running and swordigoing we might expect?
My "played" time is currently 2:52, and I'm 36% in. According to the game that is. Not an independent study.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:32 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Hmmm... I have no idea where it says how long you've been playing, but I'm pretty sure I'm at 41% after about 2 hours...
Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Ok, very simple question, on the last screen of the plains (yes I've not played it very much) there are chests blocked off by rock falls (at least I think that is what they are), do you pick something up later in the game to clear them or am i missing something (only have iron sword and first spell).
Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Soosiz HD was one of the first games I ever played on the iPad and I absolutely loved it. This gem takes platformng on the iPad to the next level. I really hope touch foo doesn't get bought out so they can continue to make these absolutely brilliant games.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 AM
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
@Touch Foo from the bottom of my heart:

Thank you for making this amazing game. Thank you for not tarnishing it with IAP. Thank you for understanding that iPad users need to be able to move the on-screen buttons around and set them to their liking. Thank you for using iCloud.

As far as I'm concerned this release sets a new standard of quality for games on this platform. Every excuse in the book used up till now to justify IAP, lack features, lack of attention to detail, and cutting corners, can now be countered simply by pointing a finger at your game. What can we reasonably expect on a mobile platform for a couple of bucks? This. This is what we expect. And we can have it, too. The vast majority of other developers are just going to have to try harder. Thank you.
How do I favorite this post? *thumbs up*
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Fantastic game so far with nothing that's really in the same league on the iOS as far as platformer/RPGs are concerned (as much as platforming is a part of games like Illusia, I still don't consider that a "platformer").

Loving the art style and just general flow of the game overall. Coming from just playing Evertales to this, I appreciate it even more. Yeah, I like the graphics in Evertales, but the gameplay in this is miles above it as well as the exploration.

Oh, and I'm glad to see from a few posts ago that there are "bosses". I was wondering about that as I haven't hit any boss-calibur enemies yet.

Definately will be getting my vote for GOTW.

Last edited by awp69; 03-22-2012 at 10:05 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 AM

Default Game Impressions

Just started playing, very happy with it. . Controls work really well and the gameplay is great fun. Haven't played much else like it.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Goodness. I had no idea this game was even coming out until the preview on the front page. I wasn't really interested in anything coming up this week and didn't really follow many of the titles up. Came here this morning and saw this title exploding with praise, so I'll definitely have to bite. Also nice to hear like the game is somewhat lengthy. Can't wait until I come across some free time today.

Also, the "threw up on my MBP" comment made me look like a fool - I laughed aloud in the library during a nice period of dead silence. Thanks for that. >_<

Hopefully this gets some press fairly soon. Love how all of Gabrien's posts are getting noticed.

Now we wait until people begin to complain about $1.99 or the one-day-after-release sale!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neehan View Post
WHAT?!?!?!? Those are three of the greatest franchises in video game history. Do yourself a favor and get your hands on at the very least, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Metroid, and Zelda: A Link to the Past. Any gamer worth there weight in rupees has played those games.
Yeah, I know they are classics, but we couldn't afford a nintendo, SNES or any other gaming machine when I was a kid, so I got into pc gaming when I got my first job and bought myself a pc in the early nineties..
Played Prince of Persia, Eye of the Beholder and anything of its ilk and when Doom was released, I never looked back..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Sorry for the slightly off topic post but Bytebrain i cant BELIEVE you havent played Zelda, Metroid or Mario !!!

I didnt have a NES or SNES in the 90's, had a Megadrive (Genesis). But SURELY you've tried emulators on your PC ? I've got tons of emulators for 8 bit, 16 bit computers, lots of consoles etc, MAME (arcade classics) so i can try these other classic games.

You're missing out on some classics ! I know emulators/roms is a bit of a 'grey' area for some but i assumed most gamers always had the odd emulator !

But back to Swordigo, best game i've played this year and theres been some very good games released in the last 3 months.