Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 03-11-2012, 12:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
well this idea in itself is not new. there are hundres of different touch based remotes with different input methodes. using simple gestures is not an invention.

and if one invents technology like gesture based touch technology ot certainly nit only applies for a remote but for every kind of tech gadget.

i would assume the hole touch based tech is already more than covered with patents that cover "your" idea there.
As far as I know, there's no such touch based remote yet. There are remotes using touch screens, or remotes using touchpad to deliever simple gestures, but there's no such devices work like the video shows.

Patent docs are well defined. Maybe you can define a specific gesture that is not currently used as your patent, but you cannot say all gesture based ideas are yours even if you are the first one who comes to the idea of gesture control. And in my case, if you finished watching the video, you'll know it's not gesture control indeed.

I named it 'anchor touch' and the definition is well described in several items as the patent guidelines required. Now I need not to care the problem of whether they are enough for a patent any more since after so long time, the patent is officially made public. That is, it's officially agreed as a patent

And as a matter of fact, why so far there is no such device on shelf that can access all TV functions SO DIRECTLY yet WITHOUT A GLIMPSE OF YOUR HAND? If this still can be described as already "covered" by existing ideas, that would be strange.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

And by the way, I don't think it is a patent problem if a developer makes an app that works like the way the remote works. Parents are generally said for concrete products rather than pure methods.

Hopefully, however, every new TV set needs a standard remote accessory even if users can use their smartphones for the job and throw the orginal ones away.

Last edited by willzeng; 03-11-2012 at 12:56 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Believe it or not, smart TV is the next wave innovation no less than smartphone. I just mark my prediction here