Support our Sponsors:

Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
I suppose I really should jailbreak in the next few weeks. It all sounds magnificent although I'm struggling to play normal iCade games and the iMame ones just now. Blutrol sounds magic though.
Blutrol is magic - here is a list of what its spell works on http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=119408

still waiting on floating dpad update for gta and the like, and dual sticks update for iCP, but in the mean time have fun
Old 03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

For those who have both controllers, which one do you prefer more? The L and R being on the back of the icp seems weird but it does have analog sticks. I wonder if you can map the analog stick to the terminator 2 arcade game.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
For those who have both controllers, which one do you prefer more? The L and R being on the back of the icp seems weird but it does have analog sticks. I wonder if you can map the analog stick to the terminator 2 arcade game.
I've never tried the iCP, but this was the main reason I wanted a Gametel. I wanted my iPhone to feel like an SNES or GBA controller, which can sometimes heavily rely on the L and R trigger buttons.

When my friends have asked me the same question, I always answer the same:

- If analog sticks are most important to you, get the iCP.

- If trigger buttons are more important, get the Gametel, as I can vouch that they're awesome.

Would any iCP owners care to comment? I'd really love to hear their opinion on the strangely-placed trigger-buttons. Maybe it's awesome?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:21 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I have an iCP, it works good on everything I have tested it on (windows, ipad, android phone). the trigger buttons are only a problem if you think about then as traditional triggers.
When holding the iCP in a traditional SNES controller method, with your forefingers curled around the top and the rest of your fingers making a fist around the back, you use the middle part of your middle fingers to press the buttons. This sounds odd at first, but you do get used to it quite quickly.
Also the iCP has flashable firmware, making it completely future proof in case Apple decide to prevent it from working somehow and it also gives you the option to use it in a bunch of different modes, such as iCade, keyboard, mouse, hid gamepad etc. all of which (imho) make the iCP a much better choice than most other gamepads, especially if you want to use it on multiple devices.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:35 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Too bad gametel is hilariously overpriced online and icp is out of stock.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:38 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Too bad gametel is hilariously overpriced online and icp is out of stock.
Perhaps this -> http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=122709 <- might happen?!!
Old 03-22-2012, 02:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

In terms of feel, dead responsiveness and mainly ergonomics, how do you guys like it? Not too cramped hopefully. And hopefully no super mushy dpad.